PDA

View Full Version : tipping in disney

disney1sttimer
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I know the rest of america is very keen on tipping but I dont know if its different at disney?

Do we tip anyone who provides a service or are their rules as to who and when we tip?

DisneyFreak
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I know the rest of america is very keen on tipping but I dont know if its different at disney?

Do we tip anyone who provides a service or are their rules as to who and when we tip?

Disney is like anywhere else. Tip when appropriate.

foreverducky
03-11-2010, 12:33 PM
The short answer: it depends. :D

While in Disney I tip wait staff, bartenders, etc. But the tip will vary on the type of service I am provided with. I don't like to tip just because I'm "suppose to." I do tip at buffets as well.

uscwest
03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
As foreverducky says, most certainly servers, bartenders etc. We also tip housekeeping (though totally optional), the folks who valet park our car, barbers, hair dressers, manicurists, masseuse/masseur etc.

robertcraig
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I usualy tip wait staff and housekeeping

gwennie81
17-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Make sure if you have a party of 6 or more that gratuity isn't already added on. A lot of eateries add on an automatic 12% if parties of 6 or more are dining. I saw a table argue with a manager at the Rose & Crown the other night because they didn't know the 12% was automatically added on to their bill and then they split the bill 3 ways and each of the 3 payers also added on an 18% tip on top of the automatically charged 12%.

uscwest
17-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Actually at Disney parties of 6 or more are automatically charged 18% vice 12%. If you use your Tables In Wonderland Card there is also an automatic 18% except in the food courts.