PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Songs

foreverducky
08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I was just sitting here thinking about Christmas songs and I was wondering what types of songs do others listen to?

I am traditionalist and only listen to Nat King Cole. With the occasional Alvin and the Chipmunks and Rat Pack members.

Do you listen to the more modern songs? Country? Do you love those kookie songs? Or are you a classical listener?

MystikPiglit
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
That's a coincidence, I was just looking at my festive cds. :D

I love Bing Crosby's, Sinatra's and Dean Martin's Christmas music. Also the real corny classics like Wizzard, Slade etc.

And one of my favourite cds is - 'Tis the Season for Los Straitjackets!' If you haven't heard it, give them a listen. It really cheers you up. :thumbsup:

DisneyFreak
08-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I listen to the classics. There are only a couple of modern/remake Christmas songs that I really like.

qK1odqo_Dws

HGVNzgUxE-g

catrancher
08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
It's Christmas? :unsure:

Oh... time for Mannheim Steamroller then! :yes:

JeAOG_Xp1GA

Or perhaps David Foster. :thumbsup:

OofkVPZXW9s

Tom (:macwave:... a bit early but what the heck!)

Rosie0610
08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I grew up on Bing Crosby Christmas album! I think mom still has it. We also had another album we put on while decorating the tree which was a mix of the older 'generation' singing the famous songs. That had Sinatra and the like.
I do have to say now I'll listen to almost any holiday stuff. Just puts me in a good mood!

That Mariah Carey sure made one catchy song hun? ;) I hear she has a new Holiday album coming out, she says it's better than the last one.

uscwest
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I like most Christmas music, to include the classics, some more whimsical as Alvin and the Chipmunks, Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, etc.

However, I also like some of the newer singers and country and western Christmas music. What I don't like, and this even includes current hit music, is for an artist to take an old song and totally destroy it with a remake. Oh and Barbra Streisand should NOT be singing Christmas music.

Kate
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I like the usual ones, but i hear them a few times and then i find myself a bit bored of them! I have a dolly parton christmas one which i love, reminds me of being at home - and I have a disney family christmas cd which both me and isabelle think is brilliant!

ukwdwnut
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM
i like NKC also the best chrimbo song of recent times is maria carey's all i want for xmas is you

foreverducky
08-11-2010, 09:32 PM
There's just so much to choose from now. I just saw a cd that was Elvis singing Christmas songs, but he was also singing with a current performer. Kinda like what Natalie Cole did with her dad's song. Seems a little odd to me. :unsure:

Isafari
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
A mix for me. Traditional alongside Slade, Showaddywaddy, Wizard etc.

ukwdwnut
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
yeah remember them singing....never was much of an elvis fan, liked some tho

Claire
08-11-2010, 11:45 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas.

ukwdwnut
09-11-2010, 12:10 AM

yeah i remember that from when i was at school, and step into chrissy and, wish it could be chrissy by wizzard :)

uscwest
09-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I like the usual ones, but i hear them a few times and then i find myself a bit bored of them! I have a dolly parton christmas one which i love, reminds me of being at home - and I have a disney family christmas cd which both me and isabelle think is brilliant!
Wouldn't be "Hard Candy Christmas" would it? I love that song.

Deb
09-11-2010, 12:46 PM

I think that's my favourite Claire :yes:

I like to listen to lots of different Christmas songs, and have an old "Now That's What I Call Christmas" double CD that includes the Greg Lake one, but my must-play is the Phil Spector Christmas Album. I love it and it is always played when we put the tree up and when we open our presents on Christmas morning!