PDA

View Full Version : Whats this about- Apple UK

mainecoon lover
15-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Apple (United Kingdom) (http://www.apple.com/uk/)

keith
15-11-2010, 05:02 PM
dont know yet.. there have been rumours that they want to bring out a music streaming service direct to any apple device.

I can't say itunes announcements ever really feel very exciting to me but you never know! Be interesting to see :D

Britchick
15-11-2010, 05:35 PM
dont know yet.. there have been rumours that they want to bring out a music streaming service direct to any apple device.

I can't say itunes announcements ever really feel very exciting to me but you never know! Be interesting to see :D

We are in the market for such a device :yes:

Skywatcher
15-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Hmm seriously looking into apple TV at the moment - was astonished when I saw how big the box was, assumed it was going to be large !!

Presume this would work rather well with that

catrancher
15-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobody know! :shrug:

Many rumors. Streaming service, 90 second previews, or possibly...

The Beatles

Tom (:macwave:... we'll know tomorrow!)

Skywatcher
15-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Wish they would enter the games console market....

keith
15-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Hmm seriously looking into apple TV at the moment - was astonished when I saw how big the box was, assumed it was going to be large !!

Presume this would work rather well with that

Apple tv is kinda interesting. As you say, so so tiny that it can be placed anywhere. Nice picture quality, not massively keen on the remote though :/ form over function going on there! very tiny but multiple presses needed to go through the menus.

It does what it's meant to very well, downloads films and displays them but then if thats all it's there for, then it should be free and they should make the money from the film rentals.

So in an attempt to find a use for it, I borrowed my friends drive of films and things he'd imported into itunes. Now, watching them streamed across to apple tv was truly superb. Excellent quality and brilliantly easy.

catrancher
15-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice picture quality, not massively keen on the remote though :/ form over function going on there! very tiny but multiple presses needed to go through the menus.

What about the remote app for the iPad and/or iPhone (http://www.apple.com/itunes/remote/)? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... just curious...)

keith
15-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Not tried it Tom but you're right! I should do :yes:

josh.p.
15-11-2010, 08:57 PM
iTunes streaming would be fantastic. Probably won't work on my iPhone though, I'm going to definitely upgrade to an iPhone 4 in January when I get the second part of the my student loan :rotfl:

keith
16-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Lots of people saying it's going to be the beatles! oooo the tension :lol:

catrancher
16-11-2010, 02:43 PM
18 minutes to go! :clockwatch:

Tom (:macwave:... waiting... waiting...)

josh.p.
16-11-2010, 03:06 PM
:sigh: as much as I love the beatles I already have all their music on CDs so this is quite disappointing!

keith
16-11-2010, 03:15 PM
:sigh: as much as I love the beatles I already have all their music on CDs so this is quite disappointing!

yeah agreed :/

Skywatcher
16-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I suspect I am alone in the world , but I really don't like the Beatles

josh.p.
16-11-2010, 03:35 PM
yeah agreed :/
I can see why Apple are so excited about it though $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Claire
16-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I suspect I am alone in the world , but I really don't like the BeatlesMove up the bench. I'm with you here!

ukwdwnut
16-11-2010, 04:55 PM
whatever it is i wont be putting any of their songs on my ipod, i CANT STAND them :lol:

tb2830
16-11-2010, 10:25 PM
as much as i love the beatles im not going to pay 17.99 each for the red and the blue album on itunes when asda are doing them for 7.99 each

total rip of :thumbsdown:

Deafjeff
17-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Can anyone here tell me if apple tv can handle subtitles esp when hire or download film? Anything else that the tv can do apart from the music?

catrancher
17-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Jeff,

From what I'm seeing, the Apple TV will indeed support sub titles (closed captioning) as long as the original media has it. This means that the show/movie/whatever must have the sub titles as it comes from the distributor. If it does, the new Apple TV will supposedly let you use them.

However, there have been some reports that the sub titles are rendered in a font that's too small to see. That may be an issue that Apple will address with a future software update. Time will tell.

There's also a software product that will do soft sub titles for Apple TV as well as other devices. It's called iSubTitle (http://www.bitfield.se/isubtitle/index.html). Reviews on it sound pretty good.

Of course, keep in mind that since I don't personally use sub titles, this is all based on things I've seen or heard about. I don't have any personal usage experience with these things to share.

Tom (:macwave:... hope it helps!)

Deafjeff
17-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Jeff,

From what I'm seeing, the Apple TV will indeed support sub titles (closed captioning) as long as the original media has it. This means that the show/movie/whatever must have the sub titles as it comes from the distributor. If it does, the new Apple TV will supposedly let you use them.

However, there have been some reports that the sub titles are rendered in a font that's too small to see. That may be an issue that Apple will address with a future software update. Time will tell.

There's also a software product that will do soft sub titles for Apple TV as well as other devices. It's called iSubTitle (http://www.bitfield.se/isubtitle/index.html). Reviews on it sound pretty good.

Of course, keep in mind that since I don't personally use sub titles, this is all based on things I've seen or heard about. I don't have any personal usage experience with these things to share.

Tom (:macwave:... hope it helps!)

Thanks! Is there a way of knowing if the original movie have subtitles?

catrancher
17-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Jeff,

Found this post on DeafMac.org (http://www.deafmac.org/blog/2008/itunes-store-enhanced-to-allow-search-by-cc/). Seems that now, at least with iTunes, you can search for movies that are closed captioned.

On Amazon, in the Movies and TV department, there is an advanced search that will let you search for items that have subtitles in the language of your choice.

Tom (:macwave:... hope this help!)

Deafjeff
17-11-2010, 09:37 PM
You are a star!!!!!!

mainecoon lover
19-11-2010, 07:37 PM
was rather disappointed :(