PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone plan their trips?

keith
26-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Curious... do you use <a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1587710609?ie=UTF8&tag=disneysecretc-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=1587710609">PassPorter's Walt Disney World</a>? or a spreadsheet to hold all those ADRs and opening hours etc? just type everything in a huge document? write it down....

How do you plan :)

PsychoAlice
26-07-2008, 07:52 PM
A little bit of everything..

I have a very famous passporter that I put new pages in (I got it with 2003s pages..and that isnt going to help me much)

Course I have been researching for like 10 years!

Tinker
26-07-2008, 07:58 PM
right now , I have my ADR's wrtten down . I will be typing/printing them . Everything else I have printed out is in my clear plastic Disney envelope . Once my park tix arrive , they will go in there also . Once I know everything is together , I put a sticker on my envelope to hold it shut . I also am making mousekeeping envelopes .

keith
26-07-2008, 07:59 PM
What does it look like when written down? A sort of calendar arrangement with the information in the space for the days or?

PsychoAlice
26-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh yea..I have my ADRs and comfirmation numbers on a spread sheet tucked into my passporter...

Dorothy
26-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Umm.....I use Johnie :D Really, I tell her what I want to do and then she tells me when I'm gonna do it and keeps track of it and you guys should travel with Johnie she just makes it so nice and easy :D:D:D

Ohhh....did you mean if I plan a trip for my family :rolleyes008: :lol:

Well, I take a spiral notebook and write lists and then sublists and then packing lists and things to do lists..........and pretty soon my lists have lists and THEN right before we go I type it all out neatly and put a notebook together with everything and it just seems to work for me :D

ukwdwnut
26-07-2008, 09:09 PM
i have a word doc which i add to and print out to take with me. and a spreadsheet with all the prices i update to work out costings all on auto as i enter the amount so it works it out real quick

Taja
27-07-2008, 02:20 AM
I use a series of spreadsheets. Initial one is for room ressies and transportation. Then park hours get one. Then ADRs are added to the room/transportation ressies.

Next comes the travel itinerary, particularly if traveling with a group. That way we can keep track of everyone. The individual itinerary is on one side, group itinerary on the other.

Then it's just a matter of selecting the proper packing list and modifying it as necessary.

If everything goes well, I actually have time to sleep a few hours the night before departure and am on time for the flight! :lol:

Tink
27-07-2008, 02:23 AM
I just jot down important info in my calendar. ADRs with confirmation numbers (place and time) any other reservation number I may need. I try to keep it simple.

I live by my calendar and I learned a LONG time ago to only have one, so anything important to me goes in it. It's nice to look and see a WDW plan along with my work related stuff too. :yes:

dzneeprincss
27-07-2008, 02:29 AM
I have different spread sheets on Excel in my computer and when I finish making my ADRs I get a package of bright colored index cards and coordinate the colors to the days of the week, parks, and restaurants. Since I usually travel with a group of 12 or more I make up Disney folders for each person with a copy of our entire itinerary, their airline tickets and the prices for food and park tickets for them. We have many meetings before we go on trips since we travel in such a crowd I like to make sure everyone is informed of all plans and everyone agrees on them. If there is a problem where no one can agree i have the final say and they don't argue that since I am the one that supplies the hotel rooms.

BUTTERHEAD1
27-07-2008, 05:42 AM
I usually start off by taking out a calender and choosing my dates, I will look for any deals that might be available for the time period I am interested in by checking Disney sites and Mousesavers.com. After booking my trip I will print out the park hours and the EMH nights and then I will book my ADR's according to that. I then pay for the trip as soon as possible and start counting down the days. In fact I will be checking at Pop Century in 21 days.

Dawn
27-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Once the dates are booked I have a single sheet of paper with a rough itinerary and any dining reservation booking refs on it.

That's it.

Oh and I have a packing list for each person and a hand luggage packing list for each person and a list of things that need doing before we leave the house.

That's really it.

Claire
27-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I have an A5 pad with notes written in pencil. I'm beginning to think I'm missing out!

Dawn
27-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, wonder if I need colour coded spreadsheets?

Tinkerbell
27-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I have :o
A spreadsheet with schedule on; which park, ADR's, booking confirmations.
Then each day has it's own spreadsheet with which park, which rides, eating where etc.
Then I have tear off sheet with the ADR's and confirmatons on.
Then packing lists - 1 for each of us.
Then shopping list for USA shopping and another one for shopping here before we go.
I also have costing sheets for planning where we're going to eat.
I start these on the day (or sometimes before) we book and keep adding, changing and modifying until the day we leave here! :lol:

Ooooh forgot one, spreadsheet for care of the animals too!

Retentive, Moi? :lol:

lisaw
27-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I get a little travel journal from Paperchase because I just love that shop, and each day has a different page with Adr's parks to visit etc. I then also transfer all my ADR numbers onto another page for quick reference. The book also has other sections in it for flight times bookings and any information I need.
I do also get the passporter as an information source and I do fill it all in but I don;t actually take it with me as it takes up valuable packing space. :lol:

Johnie
27-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I am much less planned than the rest of you. My ADR's are usually on a sheet of looseleaf paper and then I type it up closer to the trip. I put any email stuff I need into a WDW folder and then print it out before I go.

josh.p.
29-07-2008, 12:31 AM
okay I'm gonna seem like the least organised person alive, but what we did was about a week before, print off a sheet and just write down what day we are doing each park on and opening times.

Then, we just right a list of stuff we have in our suitcase and store a copy inside and one somewhere else so when we are packing to come back home, we know we have everything.

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Excel spreadsheet. Color coded. What can I say? I'm weak and I love to plan.

I recently got my hands on a laminator and a label maker.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Johnie
29-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Oh! I have a laminator! I actually asked for a label maker and my mom got confused :lol:

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:24 AM
LMAO. Why does that somehow not surprise me?

Johnie
29-07-2008, 01:25 AM
:p015: you have met my mother......

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:27 AM
This is true. And she's lovely.

So what you're saying is, we're going to have a laminating party before we go to WDW?

SleepinCatz
29-07-2008, 01:27 AM
I have a Mickey Mouse notebook( I buy one everytime we go) that I write everything down in...then the lists begin...and like Dorothy my lists begin to have lists. But somehow or another by the last 2 week count down everything is neatly filed in our Disney Travel file and ready to go.

Dorothy
29-07-2008, 01:28 AM
This is true. And she's lovely.

So what you're saying is, we're going to have a laminating party before we go to WDW?

Well you do have to make those DOL badges don't you :laugh:

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:37 AM
well You Do Have To Make Those Dol Badges Don't You :laugh:

Rar! :d

MystikPiglit
29-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I have a Mickey Mouse notebook( I buy one everytime we go) that I write everything down in...then the lists begin...and like Dorothy my lists begin to have lists. But somehow or another by the last 2 week count down everything is neatly filed in our Disney Travel file and ready to go.

I do much the same as this.... but what staggers me is that I didn't have the internet, for planning and research, before our first ever trip so how on earth did we manage!! :lol:

Johnie
29-07-2008, 12:57 PM
:lol: DOL badges! We need to warn people....

Shellyamc
29-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I just get a regular old notebook and start writing. The first page I always make something that looks like a calendar for each day of our stay. I make sure there is room in each box for ADRs, EMH days, any special parties, and which park we are going to that day. Then I add in any numbers I might need, things we don't want to miss, etc. and then take trip notes in the rest of the book :yes:

We are simple folk :lol:

Jazmine
29-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I just jot it all down as i go along and then just before we go i print it out sort of like a calendar, normally when we get there a lot of it changes :(
Jacqui ;)xxx

SleepinCatz
29-07-2008, 08:23 PM
To be honest, the notebook up until now was for organizing adrs and suitcases....I had 2 really fantastic TA's that did wonderful work for us...but this time they aren't allowed to help. We are staying in the campgrounds and travel agencies don't like booking for those. So long and short I'm a fish out of water this time, but I think I'm figuring it out lol.