View Full Version : Boo!

02-12-2010, 06:32 AM
We were taking Steven to London tomorrow for the weekend. See the Christmas lights, visit the Science Museum and best of all....tickets to see the Lion King. 2 nights in a hotel already booked. Total expense about 400.

Well we ain't going nowhere this weekend now. Even if we could get out of our road there are no trains going anywhere.


02-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Awe no :sorry: What a fab weekend that would have been too - sorry you're missing out :hug2:

02-12-2010, 06:46 AM
and even if we could out of our road and on to a train our animal sitter (nanny lesley) is well and truly stranded at the top of a hill.

02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
:( so sorry mate - never seen anything like this before though

02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
nooooo :hug2::hug2:

02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Big Thaw on Saturday by the look of it - if there is would any of the trip be rescuable?

02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Only if my mum can get out of her road which is steep and she's at the top of it. Last time it snowed it stayed a skating rink for days after the other roads were cleared.

If we did travel Saturday we'd still need to leave here by 9am at the latest.

02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh no :(

02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear that. :hug2:

02-12-2010, 05:49 PM

so sorry Dawn

02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
well boo!

03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
:( Sorry to hear that Dawn :hug2:

03-12-2010, 07:25 AM
The snow starts out as fun but soon changes when it disrupts things like this. Bad luck mate.

I have a sulking teenager thanks to schools shutting meaning a planned shopping trip to Southampton has had to be cancelled.

03-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Well we have had to make a decision this morning and we are not going.

There is a very limited train service but... the East Croydon area could shut down at any time.

Our dog sitter is well and truly stuck at the top of a hill.

And on top of all that Willow was up being sick all night.

And to be honest the thought of taking Steven away for the weekend in these weather conditions just doesn't sound like fun.

03-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Sorry Dawn :sorry:
Are you going to do anything that little bit extra special at home this weekend to make up for the disappointment?

03-12-2010, 08:52 AM

I offered the tickets as a last resort to our local recycling group and had 2 emails straight back. One says the weather will turn to rain overnight and clear the snow. So travelling tomorrow for a day trip may be on. The other was from someone due to go to the same show tomorrow and the theatre has rebooked them for a different date.

So if we can't go tomorrow I'll call the theatre and see what they can do for us. :D

03-12-2010, 09:03 AM
:( sorry to hear about all this mate , I hate it when you look forward to something so much and something happens like this :fingers: you can rebook - I shouild imagine the theatre will be pretty empty

03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Trains have started to run on the mainline to Victoria now in a limited service.

Day trip tomorrow looks like our best bet. :thumbsup:

03-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Forecast is for 9 degrees down here tomorrow so :fingers: the big melt will start

03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Forecast is for 9 degrees down here tomorrow so :fingers: the big melt will start
Is that 9F or 9C Chris?

03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
C John. Already signs of thaw, snow is melting off of our cars.

03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
No sign of a thaw here yet - icicles on our building have beenin the sun all day and not dripping yet

03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
We're back in the met office orange zone for tomorrow.

And Adrian is a bit poorly at the moment.


04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Dawn is doing well , up early and on the train. Had a Pasty in covent garden and when last I heard she was in the theatre turning her mobile off, they will be anjoying the show now no doubt - very jealous we really must do this one day


so happy they got to go and do this