PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Skywatcher
03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
So.... :fingers: for a big thaw out - if it happens whats everyone got planned?

If we can get out we may go and see if we can find our seal again :)

Isafari
03-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I want to go shopping for a few bits and pieces for our trip :fingers:

Skywatcher
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
God luck Di the shops will be :mental:

Isafari
03-12-2010, 04:12 PM
God luck Di the shops will be :mental:

It's even harder to buy summer clothes at Christmas :mental:

Skywatcher
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Hmm I hope the warmer weather does arrive its still -4 out therea at the moment and all opur snow is turning into solid ice, supposed to be up to 5 by midnight and raining , if it doesn't rise then it will fall as fresh snow :(

MystikPiglit
03-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, we had planned to go to John Lewis for their Christmas event. Reindeer and mulled drinks. But not if it freezes any further... :thumbsdown:

Skywatcher
03-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Boys were supposed to be taking part in a mega Christmas concert that they have been spending months rehearsing for. It was the first time Thomas was going to be playing in his big grown up orchestra with the 16 year olds, and its just been cancelled :(

Claire
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Owen's Christmas Fayre has been cancelled for tomorrow so we've no plans at the moment. Maybe more watching the kitten be an idiot in the snow. :yes:

Dawn
03-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Steven's class were doing their Christmas assembly complete with violin performance this morning but as school was closed that didn't happen. Hopefully it can be rescheduled.

kazzaqld
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Sounds like the snow is really messing everyone around!

I was supposed to spend my Friday going on a "ropeway" a gondola type ride to a hot spring. But it was tooooo windy!

We broke out the gloves as it was the coldest we have been so far - but that sounds like nothing compared to what is in store for us! :unsure:

We are in Tokyo again now, we fly to Manchester (hopefully) tomorrow, don't think I will believe it until we are actually there.

We were supposed to be flying with Finnair but they have been on strike since the 30th!!! :thumbsdown: We are now flying with All Nippon to Frankfurt and BA to Manchester so hopefully the weather will improve enough. :thumbsup:

It all adds to the experience - or so I keep telling myself! :yes:

daveann
03-12-2010, 10:22 PM
kazz hopr you have more luck than hubby he is stranded at frankfurt tonight :(

kazzaqld
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
kazz hopr you have more luck than hubby he is stranded at frankfurt tonight :(

Oh Ann, that's no good - I hope he is home quickly!! :hugs:

daveann
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
they have been taken to a hotel for the night im missing him like crazy :(