PDA

View Full Version : Good books for long trips

foreverducky
29-12-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm looking into getting a few audio books to use during my long trips to my internship interviews.

Please offer up some good books for long trips. I'm looking for either funny or scary. Something to keep me really interested.

Johnie
30-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I haven't listened to any books on tape but if you can find Jen Lancaster, get them! She literally makes me laugh out loud.

I also tend to listen to comedy cd's when I drive. Something about people talking keeps me awake.

foreverducky
30-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I will check for Jen Lancaster. Thanks!

Tink
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I listen to books (on CD) during my long commute. Currently in the car I have Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury which I just finished, and Bronte's Wuthering Heights. Yes, I've read them both many times, but love to listen to them too. It's a different experience and I always "hear" something that I would have read otherwise, if that makes sense.

I have a gift card for Barne's and Noble, so I'll be choosing a few others.

foreverducky
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Tink, Wuther Heights would be great on audio. I will look into that one. It's my favorite novel.

I bought a plan for Audible as I don't have a cd player in my van. Will be using my ipod.

I downloaded a couple of humor books. The first from one of my favorite authors Bill Bryson. Then a Jeff Dunham autobiography and a Bill Engvall book.

These should get me started.

Johnie
03-01-2011, 05:09 AM
I just picked up the Jeff Dunham book. Will have to get Bill Engvall as well.

foreverducky
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I think they should both be entertaining. For the audio, I'm glad they are reading their own books.

uscwest
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I've never listened to a book while driving, but wouldn't that be even more distracting than listening to the radio? Wouldn't you be more intent on really listening?