PDA

View Full Version : arrrrgh! I am SO angry

mumof2
28-07-2008, 12:48 PM
with flippin BT!!! :mad::mad::mad:

After the performance earlier in the month where my phone line (as well as MANY others) was out for a week, they have now issued my current bill....there are charges on there that i don't even know what they are for, including diversion charges. They diverted calls to my mobile when the phone line was out so i have a feeling it may be for that - THEY MUST BE JOKING.

Anyway, I have tried 3 TIMES to call them today, i hung up on the first after waiting ages, was promised a call back within 1/2 hour the 2nd time which didn't happen, i just called them back and they "can't access my account as they are having technical problems that only affect some numbers" - WHAT?!!!!

They said they'd call me back, i said don't bother - you're making me really angry and I'm going out! GRRRRR :lol:

Tink
28-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Doesn't that send you over the edge! :( I'm having connection problems myself today, and it's making me crazy. I'm supposed to have this new turbo connection. Yeah. Right. If turbo means miserably slow then they got that right.

I'm not even going to bother to phone them right now. I'm just too p o'd to talk with them! UGGGGH!

mumof2
28-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Doesn't that send you over the edge! :( I'm having connection problems myself today, and it's making me crazy. I'm supposed to have this new turbo connection. Yeah. Right. If turbo means miserably slow then they got that right.

I'm not even going to bother to phone them right now. I'm just too p o'd to talk with them! UGGGGH!

:hug2:

:lol: by the end of my last call i thought it best if i leave the conversation - it wasn't going anywhere anyway, the girl couldn't fix the 'technical problem' so there was no point me getting any more stressy.....they're just all incompetent!

right, better go and get ready - i'm off to do some birthday food shopping for my baby DS who will be 9 tomorrow...yikes! My biggest DS (who was UKJay on the other site) will be 14 next month....don't know where the years have gone :(

Dawn
28-07-2008, 01:39 PM
It's soooo frustrating and unfortunately most telecoms companies over here are pretty pathetic with their customer service too.

I used to work for ntl and saw how they treated their call centre staff. They are battery hens who, to be honest, don't care about whose phone is broken, they just want to get home at the end of their shift.

Beccaberry
28-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Are you kidding? They are wanting to charge you because their lines weren't working!?!!?!? Oh my. Sometimes it's a good thing you can't reach through the phone to the person on the other line...

mumof2
28-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Are you kidding? They are wanting to charge you because their lines weren't working!?!!?!? Oh my. Sometimes it's a good thing you can't reach through the phone to the person on the other line...

:lol: i said i'd call back in a couple of days when they get their technical problem sorted - it's a free call and i really couldn't be bothered to wait around anymore for them to call (or not)

i did tell the lady at the other end that i was getting really angry now, i just had to get off the line....... but she did say we would be compensated for loss of use, they should have done that automatically without me having to call in to complain.

Beccaberry
28-07-2008, 05:04 PM
:lol: i said i'd call back in a couple of days when they get their technical problem sorted - it's a free call and i really couldn't be bothered to wait around anymore for them to call (or not)

i did tell the lady at the other end that i was getting really angry now, i just had to get off the line....... but she did say we would be compensated for loss of use, they should have done that automatically without me having to call in to complain.

Well, what they are counting on is that most people wouldn't even LOOK at the bill, they'd just pay the amount due and go on....good on you for paying attention!

Britchick
28-07-2008, 05:09 PM
they cut one of my ladies off once for being a month late paying her bill (she was in hospital) she didn't have her lifeline pendant to ring and had a fall and laid there for 9 hours. I went absolutely hopping mad as they just didn't get it. :mad:

Shellyamc
28-07-2008, 05:21 PM
:mad: stupid people in this world :rolleyes008:

Lots of :hug2:

mumof2
28-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, what they are counting on is that most people wouldn't even LOOK at the bill, they'd just pay the amount due and go on....good on you for paying attention!

i usually just do a a quick scan to make sure everything is in order - DH had already looked at it and said ''blimey, (or words to that effect!) look at how much that bill is'' ...... it wasn't much different to normal :wink:

they cut one of my ladies off once for being a month late paying her bill (she was in hospital) she didn't have her lifeline pendant to ring and had a fall and laid there for 9 hours. I went absolutely hopping mad as they just didn't get it. :mad:

oh that is so awful - gosh, was she ok?

Tink
28-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, I've spent most of the day on the phone with IT (work, not the local provider) having them tell me over and over it wasn't them.

It was them. :dozey:

Now, I've got a decent connection, but geez, can't work while I have it. Oh well. :shrug: :D

I did have a look at my bill for ISP though and they were charging me for installing a wireless when they didn't do it. That came off pronto!

Britchick
28-07-2008, 07:39 PM
oh that is so awful - gosh, was she ok?

no she wasn't, i won't go into details but think about all the things that you have to do in 9 hours. Bless her

Hope you get it sorted out

mumof2
28-07-2008, 08:24 PM
no she wasn't, i won't go into details but think about all the things that you have to do in 9 hours. Bless her

Hope you get it sorted out

oh dear, I'm sorry - that was a stupid question wasn't it ......poor love.

they obviously don't think about the consequences of their actions.......:mad:

Johnie
28-07-2008, 08:26 PM
That would make me angry too! :hug2:

mumof2
28-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry it's a long one this time!

Right, well i called them back 'cos i couldn't be bothered to wait anymore.

After some firm words and explaining the huge mobile phone bill and loss of internet use, they gave me back all of the charges they billed me for diverting the calls.......they even gave me some extra as a gesture of goodwill

2.00!! :lol:

So then the guy said, is there anything else I can help you with ~ WHAT??!! :mad:

I said "You ARE joking aren't you - what about the compensation for the 15 mobile phone bill we ran up while our line was out, and the compensation for the internet I paid for but couldn't use?"

Oh, he says, I have to transfer you to our faults department :rolleyes008: So off I go again explaining it for the umpteenth time today and was told the compensation for loss of line was 1.00 per day.....I laughed, yeah right!

Anyway, eventually the man upped his offer to 10 towards the mobile phone charge, but after a bit more persuasion he agreed to the 15 - he couldn't compensate for the internet access as they only need to provide the line for the telephone.....well i figured the goodwill gesture of 2.00 would cover most of the internet charge anyway for 5 days so we're all settled now.

Phew! :rolleyes008:

Tink
28-07-2008, 09:12 PM
But do you have a good connection now? :unsure:

Britchick
28-07-2008, 09:13 PM
don't they have a set amount per day? i thought it was something like a months line rental per day- i think this is set by ofcom

mumof2
28-07-2008, 09:14 PM
But do you have a good connection now? :unsure:

I'm tempting fate here Tink ..... yes

mumof2
28-07-2008, 09:14 PM
don't they have a set amount per day? i thought it was something like a months line rental per day- i think this is set by ofcom

ha! a 1.00 per day apparently

i think i'll look into what you've said though - thanks!

Britchick
28-07-2008, 09:16 PM
ha! a 1.00 per day apparently

i think i'll look into what you've said though - thanks!

it used to be in the telephone book

mumof2
28-07-2008, 09:27 PM
it used to be in the telephone book

oh ok, i take a look in the morning - thanks!