PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of the Green Witch

Johnie
28-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Just a warning....this is a long, convoluted story with many people involved......

Cast of Characters:

Johnie- that's me! I'm 36, red-headed and about as crazy as they come. That's just me by myself.....add my 2 best girlfriends and it gets really crazy!

Alysia-my wonderful, crazy, fear nothing 17 yr old daughter. She usually goes along for the ride.

beccaberry- She is 35. But, for intents and purposes, we shall say she is 36 too! well she introduced herself as Anne to us once upon a time. Now she's Rebecca. I call her Rebecca Anne :p015: She's my partner in crime and assuredly the one who will be there to help me hide a body if need be.

Jon- Rebecca Anne's honeybun. He is a sweetie and has a dry with that makes me laugh. He is supposedly shy but I have never, not one time, seen any evidence of that.

Andrew- Rebecca Anne's son. I have known him forever! He is a funny, sweet teenager and has us all pegged!

Baleigh- Rebecca Anne's daughter. I feel like I haev known her forever too. She was an itty bitty thing when I first met her. She is one of the main reasons we are having this outing. We're suprising the girls with a concert to see the Jonas Brothers!

luvthemouse- she is always been Krista. She is also 36....5 days younger than me. She is my sounding board. And while there is no doubt that she would help Rebecca Anne and I hide the body, she's going to worry we're going to get caught! She has the calming influence over us.

Chris- Krista's hubby. He has a ginormous head like me! It's TWO FEET around. He is also a sweetheart and always puts up with us and our rowdy ways.

Holly- Krista's daughter. She is the other main reason for this outing. She has NO idea we are going to see the Jonas Brothers.....

Jack- Krista's son. My goodness this little 4 yr old boy can make me laugh. He is also the Wii Bowling Champion!! We're going to make him a shirt.....

Bryce- Krista's itty biddy snuggle bunny baby. Between Harley the dog and Andrew, we hardly got to see him :yes:

Johnie
28-07-2008, 07:36 PM
my goodness I am tired after introducing us all

SleepinCatz
28-07-2008, 07:37 PM
ok loving it so far :) Keep it comming :)

Johnie
28-07-2008, 07:46 PM
So, the Jonas Brothers are playing in Hartford, Conneticut and beccaberry lives close by so we decide we are going to come to her house to visit. She is more than gracious and allowed us all to stay in her house.

I toyed with the idea of driving but gas is expensive and Mapquest said it was 7 hours.....so we found some awesome flight prices and flew with Airtran. A lovely 53 minute plane ride to NYC.

beccaberry and luvthemouse were going to wait until the concert to surprise the girls. However, I seem to be in touch with my inner tween and told them they really should give the girls some advance notice. They need to pick out the right outfit b/c of course the Jonas Brothers are going to be able to spot them all the way up on the lawn :p015: and signs need to be made, fingernails painted, hair to be twirled and primped. So, they heeded my all knowing wisdom :p and decided to tell the girls ahead of time.

beccaberry picked Alysia and I up from the airport and we drove from NYC to where they live. Lots and lots of traffic. There was a school bus accident on the other side of the highway. We passed a couple of gas stations ($4.60 a gallon!) but decided not to get gas there. Then, it was becoming apparent that we were not going to make it all the way home with the little bit of gas we had left. We decided to stop in Greenwich (this is the Green Witch btw) to get gas. The GPS says there is a gas station....well there was. But, it must have been the scene of a crime since it was closed and had yellow police tape all around. We end up back on the highway and the GPS tells us to go to another gas station. Well....guess what? It was the SAME gas station!! So, we head over to the Lexus dealership across the street. I am ready to beg, borrow or steal some gas at this point......the Lexus Man points across the road and says there is a gas station right there. Apparently this one gas station must have JUST BEEN robbed :rolleyes008: The other Lexus Man points us in the right direction and off we go to an Exxon station to pay $4.79 for gas. Ouch.

Johnie
28-07-2008, 07:52 PM
We finally make it to Rebecca Anne's house and out of the grasps of the Green Witch! She tried to make us stay but we were triumphant!

Lots of hugs to all of Rebecca Anne's family and we get out the munchies and start eating. There was a LOVELY lobster bisque dip from Vermont....yum. There was also a very unlovely salsa with 3 peppers. Alysia said it tasted like butt.....we were wondering when she had ever tasted butt :lol:

Krista and family had left Delaware years ago and got caught in all sorts of traffic. They finally made it, more hugs and lots of munchies were devoured. We had drinks (mango martinies I believe) and pulled pork sandwiches. We spent lots and lots of time talking and laughing. We were even able to sit out on the deck without sweating to death and being eaten by mosquitoes! This does not happen in Virginia. It is always humid and hot and lots of bugs around here.

SleepinCatz
28-07-2008, 09:13 PM
mental note...bypass Greenwich...Got it. Geeze! That gas station wanted ya'll! Nice escape though lol...and the martinis couldn't have come on a better evening lol

Beccaberry
28-07-2008, 09:32 PM
The Green Witch can NOT outsmart two Southern girls....

Lobster Bisque dip - delicious

Pineapple Salsa - delicious

3 Pepper Salsa - bleh

And for the record, and because I know Johnie is too lovely to mention it...yes, I DID make the "sweet" bbq in lieu of the "vinegar" bbq....but it was at Jon's request...and since he was putting up with us all, I thought he should get at least ONE thing he asked for :D I promise you I'll do it "your" way next time :D

SleepinCatz
28-07-2008, 09:50 PM
would have to try both bbq's...just to see the difference ofcourse lol

kazzaqld
28-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Any Salsa sounds good to me - why was the 3 pepper bleh?

Ursula
28-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok I'm lost on the barbeque thing?

BlondTinkerbell
28-07-2008, 10:48 PM
FUN TIMES!
Im the fear nothing 17 year old BTW

SleepinCatz
28-07-2008, 11:02 PM
LOL I know who you are :) Hopefully one day when we visit Disney at the same time we will all get to spend some time together :) Last time was a Breakfast fly by from time to time lol

Beccaberry
28-07-2008, 11:06 PM
THREE Southern women? Oh my....what would Disney do?

Johnie
29-07-2008, 01:13 AM
:lol: wellI am ok with the sweet barbque.....I just prefer the NC style. And all barbque sandwiches should have slaw.

Cruella, barbque is a smoked meat here. Usually pork but it can also be beef. There are several styles of sauce. I prefer the vinegar based which is not sweet but tangy and is referred to as North Carolina style. The red, sweet sauce is usually Memphis style. Lots of people in other parts of the country say they are having a barbque when what they really mean is that they are cooking food outside on a grill.

becca and Krista please feel free to add to this story......we need all versions :p

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Well, so far you have it all correct. So far. :wink:

Johnie
29-07-2008, 01:21 AM
:p I am trying

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:23 AM
No need to mention I stayed in my pj's practically all day on Saturday, or that Krista had her night shirt on inside out on Sunday...

Johnie
29-07-2008, 01:25 AM
:p oh my I wasn't even going to mention Krista's night shirt!

We were all in our pj's for quite some time on Saturday.....

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:28 AM
I took the 3 pepper salsa to work today, and guess what? THEY LOVED IT!

Whatever.

Dorothy
29-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Sweet BBQ is my favorite and I would have loved the coconut rum jello shots too :D

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Dorothy!!!! Are you trying to remind Johnie that I tried to kill her TWO piggin' times?

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Sweet BBQ is my favorite and I would have loved the coconut rum jello shots too :D

Jon says we have leftovers if you'd like to join us for dinner tomorrow night :D

Dorothy
29-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Dorothy!!!! Are you trying to remind Johnie that I tried to kill her TWO piggin' times?

I was trying to be nice about the fact that you gave her something that she's allegic too and that you made her get all hivy because I'm a nice person like that you know :gy:

Jon says we have leftovers if you'd like to join us for dinner tomorrow night :D

Send me a plane ticket and meet me at the airport, except not the dirty icky one that Johnie flew into!!

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Send me a plane ticket and meet me at the airport, except not the dirty icky one that Johnie flew into!!

Um. Yeah. See, it's New York. ALL the airports are dirty and icky...it's New York.

Now, you can fly into White Plains....it's not big enough to get dirty and icky.

Dorothy
29-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Um. Yeah. See, it's New York. ALL the airports are dirty and icky...it's New York.

Now, you can fly into White Plains....it's not big enough to get dirty and icky.

Where is White Plains and is it big enough for a real airplane or one of those prop planes cuz if it's a prop plane then I'll do dirty and icky no problem :lol:

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Where is White Plains and is it big enough for a real airplane or one of those prop planes cuz if it's a prop plane then I'll do dirty and icky no problem :lol:

White Plains is in um, well, White Plains, New York. Jon is reading over my shoulder and informing me that it is *actually* called Westchester County Airport. It's big enough for "real" planes (we fly to MCO from Westchester on a "real" plane) and Jon says he's never flown anything but a jet out of there...

So you might could have BOTH clean and non proppy :D

Tink
29-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Ick. Nasty. Sweet barbecue. :( I like red sauce on pork, but it has to be spicey. Not on chicken though. It has to be Cornell Sauce. BBQ ribs has to be Bunratty Castle rib sauce.

Just a wee bit particular about my BBQ. :D

Never had a NC style that didn't taste overwhelmingly of vinegar. Ick.

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 02:22 AM
This one is a bit of both...it's slow cooked with a vinegar base (albeit w/ brown sugar; my grandfather's recipe) and then it's drained, pulled and placed back in the slow cooker w/ a red sauce...with a kick...I add Tabasco sauce to give it a bit of bite....so it's not TOO sweet and not too bitter...

Dorothy
29-07-2008, 02:36 AM
White Plains is in um, well, White Plains, New York. Jon is reading over my shoulder and informing me that it is *actually* called Westchester County Airport. It's big enough for "real" planes (we fly to MCO from Westchester on a "real" plane) and Jon says he's never flown anything but a jet out of there...

So you might could have BOTH clean and non proppy :D

Works for me :D I miss you both sooo much :hug2:

PsychoAlice
29-07-2008, 02:41 AM
I just hate NY and will not step foot in it again!

And then there is St Louis style BBQ..thats mainly a rub....not to confuse anyone...

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Works for me :D I miss you both sooo much :hug2:

And we miss you TOO!!!! :hug2:

Tinker
29-07-2008, 03:05 AM
I am soooooooooo LoVing your trip reports . :lol:

Johnie
29-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't think anyone tried to kill me on purpose! It's not like I needed an epi pen or anything :lol:

You must all come to Hopewell to this lovely little 'que joint and get some NC style. It is not too bitter.

And the barbque we had at Rebecca Anne's was very nice. It was not overwhelmingly sweet.

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think anyone tried to kill me on purpose! It's not like I needed an epi pen or anything :lol:

You must all come to Hopewell to this lovely little 'que joint and get some NC style. It is not too bitter.

And the barbque we had at Rebecca Anne's was very nice. It was not overwhelmingly sweet.

Oh my, can you see us trying to administer an epi pen the other night? LOL. No, I did NOT try to kill you on purpose...I swear (Love ya, mean it!).

BTW, where the heck is Krista? Did we wear her out?

Johnie
29-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Well....(as Jack says) she did have to house sit and she is probably at work with no net access today....... She did call me yesterday and leave me a message.

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Excellent! I had a text from her yesterday morning so I know she made it home :D

Jazmine
29-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Great trippie guys any pics yet ?
Jacqui xxx

Johnie
29-07-2008, 07:26 PM
There were only a picture or two and Rebecca Anne has them.......

luvthemouse
29-07-2008, 08:11 PM
No need to mention I stayed in my pj's practically all day on Saturday, or that Krista had her night shirt on inside out on Sunday...

Well.....I got dressed in the dark at 2:30AM after we got home from the concert.. So I didn't even really notice that it was on inside out myself.. Plus, I had spilled egg on it Saturday morning (it landed on my "shelf") so you couldn't really see it when it was inside out. So I didn't really see the need to put it back the right way....until my FRIENDS pointed it out!!! Ok, enough about my night time attire...

Johnie
29-07-2008, 08:16 PM
:p it was rather late by the time we went to bed.....

luvthemouse
29-07-2008, 08:36 PM
So anywho..... Friday, we left Delaware an hour and a half later than origionally planned. Chris, being the navigator, spent the first 3 hours of the trip trying to decipher the best way to get to the great land of Connecticut. John Cleese did not want us to take the Tappan Zee bridge, at any cost. So after fighting Mr. Cleese (he's the voice on my GPS) we finally just read the highway signs and made it to the Tappan Zee! Only to sit (through Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 1) for an hour! Seemed that someone saw fit to have an accident on a Friday afternoon...(please note, that the ambulance arrived at the scene and then left again empty-stretchered) Within that time, I had recieved calls and texts from Becca that they too were in traffic.

Upon arriving in the great state of Connectiut, via I-95, we noticed the retaining walls along the highway. Jackson, in his sweet, funny, my parent's never take me anywhere but Disney World, said "OOhh look! It's the great wall of Con-et-i-cut!" I nearly had to pull off the road... We have since learned that the great wall is where the Green Witch lives...

We finally arrived in Milford, 2 hours later than Mr. Cleese had promised. We found a lovely little town, much like you'd find depicted on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post. Firemen were even sitting out in front of the firestation...very picturesque. We knew we were alost there when we passed the Olympic Diner, home of the Olympic doughnuts. We pondered if they really served Olympic sized doughnuts...

So, as Johnie said, we arrived and many hugs were shared, drinks poured, laughs had, snacks eaten, eardrums burst (when we handed the girls the tickets... though Holly, in her blondness, asked "When is the concert?" :rolleyes008:

We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out..eating, drinking, hanging out, trying to find the best way to hum "Respect"....

Johnie
29-07-2008, 08:41 PM
:lol: I can hum a mean version of "Downtown"......though I didn't think I was ever going to figure out "Respect"!

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 10:21 PM
We do indeed love our quaint little town...it's definitely become home...It was so pleasant on the deck Friday night that I think we could have stayed out there FOR EVER.

Hmm hmm Hmmm Hmmm Hmm Hm Hm....Downtown :wink:

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 11:39 PM
The man who discovered the "Great Wall of Connect I Cut" making sure Mickey is securely fastened in his seatbelt...

Johnie
29-07-2008, 11:40 PM
We can say we knew him when......

Beccaberry
29-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Well.....

Dawn
30-07-2008, 06:58 AM
That is never Jackson!!!!???

*faints*

Johnie
30-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Indeed it is. He is a little man. On Sunday, I said to him, "my aren't you handsome this morning"

and he replies, "Yes. Yes I am". :lol:

Beccaberry
30-07-2008, 01:24 PM
And when they arrived on Friday, Bryce was in his carrier sitting just inside the door, and Jackson motions to him in ONLY a manner Vanna White could have mastered and said, "Meet my baby brother Bryce..."

OMG. I adore him.

Johnie
30-07-2008, 01:25 PM
:yes: I know! That was far too cute.

kazzaqld
30-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I cannot wait to see him again! According to Krista he does remember Gareth and me from last year - so I am dying to see his reaction! :wave:

luvthemouse
30-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes Dawn, that is Jackson! He's grown like mad, like Steven...

He is a riot. You NEVER know what is going to come out of his mouth next. Just wait til we get to Disney, and he gives you the tour....:wink: He is far too funny for his own good...

And yes Karen, he does remember you and Gareth. This boy forgets NOTHING!!

kazzaqld
30-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes Dawn, that is Jackson! He's grown like mad, like Steven...

He is a riot. You NEVER know what is going to come out of his mouth next. Just wait til we get to Disney, and he gives you the tour....:wink: He is far too funny for his own good...

And yes Karen, he does remember you and Gareth. This boy forgets NOTHING!!

:p015::thumbs_up:

Shellyamc
30-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Well I'm having fun reading all this..I'm sure you guys had a blast!! :lol:

Beccaberry
31-07-2008, 12:34 PM
We did! My house seems oddly empty now :D