PDA

View Full Version : can we take a power strip onboard?

Eeyorerocks
04-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I've seen conflicting reports on this, some people say to definitely take a power strip for all the charging of phones and things other people say its not allowed? does anyone know?

catrancher
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
There doesn't seem to be a prohibition concerning them. See this DCL web page (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/prohibited-items/electronic-devices-appliances/).

However, I've never had need of one. We've always had adequate power in staterooms for charging cameras or other electronic accessories. If you're coming from Europe or the UK however, you may need a converter. Ship board power is US 110V/60Hz.

I don't typically take or use my cell phone however. While you can, it's terribly expensive. I'm on vacation. I'll wait till after my cruise to make any calls. :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise director. :sail:)

Slowhand
04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
If you're coming from Europe or the UK however, you may need a converter. Ship board power is US 110V/60Hz.

I`ve never found the need for a converter as most of the chargers I own are dual voltage.
As Tom said though, you will find that there are ample sockets in your stateroom without the need for a power strip.