PDA

View Full Version : Top gear remarks...

Mari
04-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Ok.. let me start by saying I DO NOT watch this show, I find the presenters arrogant and just dont get their sense of humor, Toņo however is a major fan..

Anyway... They said some stuff about Mexicans on Sunday's show, and its been ALL over the news here, some people are very very offended by whats been said, which prompted the Mexican Ambassador to England to request an apology from the BBC...

So, just wondering IF anything's been said over there

And here is a transcript of what was said on the show...

The Top Gear team's comments about Mexicans were made when they were discussing a Mexican sports car.
Richard Hammond said vehicles reflected national characteristics so "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy".
Reviewing the Mastretta on Sunday's show, Hammond said: "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy, feckless, flatulent, overweight, leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat."
The presenters, then described Mexican food as "refried sick".

Jeremy Clarkson said he was confident he would not receive any complaints about their comments because the Mexican ambassador would be asleep, and proceeded to pretend to be snoring in his chair.

daveann
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Top Gear: BBC faces lawsuit after Richard Hammond calls Mexico 'lazy and feckless' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353503/Top-Gear-BBC-faces-lawsuit-Richard-Hammond-calls-Mexico-lazy-feckless.html)

apparantly thebbc has sent an apolgy to the mexican ambassador in the uk

arkvilla
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I think they do it just to get a reaction - everyone talks about the show so their job is done...

They are alwys going to say stupid stuff - they are juvenile

Sandra

josh.p.
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I think they should have given more thoughts to their actions however I don't think that those particularly reflect the views of the presenters, sometimes they say things just to be funny :shrug: I suppose in the same way family guy stereotypes Americans or the British.

I do think the editors should have thought more about how it could offend people and chosen not to put it on air. The presenters do get out of hand on that show and they were being particularly juvenile during this time :yes: