View Full Version : tables in wonderland or the dining plan?

07-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I was asking people about the dining plan when someone suggested forgetting that and doing tables in wonderland but I dont really know what it is or what benefits it gives us? I cant see much on the disney website either :( anyone have any clues?

07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
You have to be either a Florida Resident or Annual Passholder to obtain the Tables in Wonderland card. With it you receive 20% off of food and drink at MOST of the Disney restaurants and bars/lounges, including the food courts (POR is an exception but not POFQ). In the restaurants and bars/lounges that accept it there is an automatic 18% tip added. It costs $75 per year.

07-02-2011, 12:59 PM
As John says it's a great little card with saves 20% on just about everything, alcohol included which is a rarity for Disney discounts!

It used to be that you could pay whatever gratuity you felt fit, now most places will add 18% on automatically if you use the card and some, like V&A, will add 20%.

So nowadays we just consider it a way to prepay all our tips for $75 per year. It's less exciting to think of it that way but it certainly saves a lot of money whilst taking away the "how much do we tip" issue.

I guess we think of the dining plan as a way to prepay our meals versus the tables in wonderland card which prepays our tips.

07-02-2011, 03:37 PM
How do you go about getting one of those TIW cards? :unsure:

07-02-2011, 03:54 PM
How do you go about getting one of those TIW cards? :unsure:Terry we normally pick ours up at the Guest Services in DTD, but you should be able to get them at your resort I would think, and if not then any other Guest Services.