PDA

View Full Version : best photographic magazine

AKLnut
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Im in the UK can anyone suggest any photo magazines that I could read to improve before going out to the world?

lozzy
08-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Are you looking for one to help you improve you photo taking skills?

disneymom
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
can I add a me too?

completely novice but looking to increase my skills before perhaps trying to take some paid for portraits or even weddings if I'm good enough

AKLnut
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Are you looking for one to help you improve you photo taking skills?

yeah just something to take me from where I am now which is point and click to somewhere better hopefully any ideas?

lozzy
12-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Try popping to you local magazine store and take a look at Practical Photography or look here Practical Photography - December 2010 | Photo Answers (http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Photography-Magazines/Practical-Photography-Magazine/Practical-Photography---December-2010/).

Britchick
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Maybe a book would be a bit better as it would take you through things, magazines will have features rather than a natural progression. I like Scott Kelby and I have a couple of his books. Amazon has a 3 volume set for around 20

josh.p.
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Something that really helped me was looking through Flickr at photos I liked and then going out and trying to re-create the effect. If you study a photo you can usually tell how they achieved that effect, whether it was a blurred background or a certain perspective, trying to re-create it really helps you learn :yes: