PDA

View Full Version : house in orlando

robertcraig
13-02-2011, 01:40 PM
If youcould buy a house in the orlando area where would it be mine would be winter park

daveann
13-02-2011, 02:30 PM
we would like lake mary it seems really nice there :)

keith
13-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I know people will say Im mad, but I really like Celebration :lol: perhaps the rules would become painful but I've had enough of the real world, give me a fantasy village and that's fine :lol:

Slowhand
13-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I know people will say Im mad, but I really like Celebration :lol: perhaps the rules would become painful but I've had enough of the real world, give me a fantasy village and that's fine :lol:
We looked at the option to buy a place in Celebration before we bought our place at Sandy Ridge Keith.
Apart from the high cost of the property there, we were also unable to purchase because you had to stay there for a minimum of 7 months each year. This was to discourage folks from buying a rental home at Celebration, and seeing as us Brits can only be in the U.S. for a maximum of 6 months every year then it was definately a no no!
There were a load of rules as you say...no leaving washing out to dry, grass in your lawn to be at at a maximum length etc.etc.. It really did seem like you were in a film studio, or at least in the "Village" as per the Prisoner! :lol:

We love Sandy Ridge anyhow as it is in a conservation area with loads of wild life around... birds, armadillos, wild boar etc.etc. It is very quiet yet only a short drive from the hussle & bussle of WDW.

Tink
19-02-2011, 08:26 AM
We never intended to live in Central Florida, but are happy to call Winter Garden home, now. :yes:

Winter Park has some fierce taxes, and terrible congestion!

Celebration? Nope. Reality intrudes with all the rules, regulations and more homeowner association fees that you'd care to know about.

The trick of living in Florida is choosing a place that isn't overloaded with fees and that you don't need to have a gate guard for protection. ;)

Slowhand, the area where your home is, is beautiful and serene. Hopefully, it will stay that way, eh?

Britchick
19-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Celebration... I like order lol

catrancher
19-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I think I'll vote for Golden Oak (http://disneygoldenoak.disney.go.com/).

Now, where's my checkbook? :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... well... I can dream can't I?)

lisaw
19-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Yep Golden Oak for me too - but if I had to slum it I suppose I could make do with Celebration! :D

Slowhand
19-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Slowhand, the area where your home is, is beautiful and serene.

...that is until we stay there Tink! :lol:
Thanks for those kind words.

Isafari
21-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I agree with Slowhand - Sandy Ridge area is beautiful. If we are staying there, at night on our way back, we drive real slow so we can spot any creatures that may be around. Love it :D

Slowhand
21-02-2011, 02:00 PM
If we are staying there, at night on our way back, we drive real slow so we can spot any creatures that may be around.
It sure pays to drive slow Diane.
We were returning home after a very late night with Ricardo a couple of years ago and a couple of wild boar dashed out right in front of my car causing me to brake sharply.
The odds are that they would have done more damage to the car than I would have done to them!....They were HUGE.

Isafari
21-02-2011, 02:06 PM
It sure pays to drive slow Diane.
We were returning home after a very late night with Ricardo a couple of years ago and a couple of wild boar dashed out right in front of my car causing me to brake sharply.
The odds are that they would have done more damage to the car than I would have done to them!....They were HUGE.

Would have loved to have seen them!
We've spotted armadillo, opossum, raccoon, snake.

Slowhand
21-02-2011, 02:09 PM
We've spotted armadillo, opossum, raccoon, snake.
You must have seen the lizards also Diane. :yes:

Isafari
21-02-2011, 02:13 PM
You must have seen the lizards also Diane. :yes:

But of course.....and the frogs.