PDA

View Full Version : need inspiration, What are you having for tea tonight?

WDWFigment
23-02-2011, 07:55 AM
What are you having for tea tonight? I need some ideas, I'm in a mood where I just dont fancy anything :thumbsdown:

Florida Deals
23-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Gosh now that is a thought, hubby at the gym and I will be at Zumba so something quick for us all and healthy due to being on a health kick.

Also left this morning to him starting on the kitchen ceilings as having new kitchen fitted! So will definately be something quick and healthy!

daveann
23-02-2011, 09:48 AM
we are having roast chicken roast potatoes carrots dave is having sweet potatoe and parsnips extra :)
i make it ready before work and put the oven on to timed and walk into this lovely smell of dinner half cooked :)

Isafari
23-02-2011, 10:04 AM
chicken tagliatelle, garlic bread and salad for us.

uscwest
23-02-2011, 11:53 AM
we are having roast chicken roast potatoes carrots dave is having sweet potatoe and parsnips extra :)
i make it ready before work and put the oven on to timed and walk into this lovely smell of dinner half cooked :)
I love the concept, but is it really safe for chicken to be sitting in the oven all day like that? I'm sure you've probably done it many times and maybe it is just me.

BTW, I have absolutely NO IDEA what we are having for dinner tonight. :unsure:

arkvilla
23-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Quiche, jacket potatoe and salad

Sandra

daveann
23-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I love the concept, but is it really safe for chicken to be sitting in the oven all day like that? I'm sure you've probably done it many times and maybe it is just me.

BTW, I have absolutely NO IDEA what we are having for dinner tonight. :unsure:

Its only a couple of hours s i only work afternoons and its not hot enough here to be a problem yet must admit havent done this in summer but have done loads of times at other times of year :)

Dawn
23-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Pasta bake.

Britchick
23-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Pea and ham risotto:yes:

Skywatcher
23-02-2011, 06:22 PM
KFC :lol:

josh.p.
23-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I had some ready made puff pastry so I was going to do goats cheese tarts with red onion but when I went to roll it out, the packet was damaged and the pastry had gone all mouldy :thumbsdown: Had to clean the whole fridge out!! :sorry:

Think I'm going to make vegetable lasagne instead.

Skywatcher
23-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Having fallen in lust with Nandos last week in Brighton ( thanks Josh ) we are working our way through their sauces marinades etc

Mmmmmmm Nandos

josh.p.
23-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Having fallen in lust with Nandos last week in Brighton ( thanks Josh ) we are working our way through their sauces marinades etc

Mmmmmmm Nandos
Have you tried their vegetarian burgers yet? They are amazing. And the 'macho peas' :yes:

uscwest
24-02-2011, 02:02 AM
I had a large salad with slices of ham and Swiss Cheese

Skywatcher
24-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Actually we had a Thai Green curry instead, yum

No Josh not been back to the restaurant as it's hours drive away, have to make do with whats in sainsburys for now :)

josh.p.
24-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Actually we had a Thai Green curry instead, yum

No Josh not been back to the restaurant as it's hours drive away, have to make do with whats in sainsburys for now :)
I haven't tried their at-home marinades as I don't eat chicken and quorn doesn't marinade too well. There are two nandos and I pass them both on my way home from uni so often end up in there :yes: They do a side of haloumi cheese that is just amazing :yes: I went there today actually!