PDA

View Full Version : whats the restaurant next to hollywood and vine?

goofygal
24-02-2011, 03:08 PM
There's a themed restaurant at the mgm studios park next to hollywood and vine, I cant remember its name but wondered if it was any good?

catrancher
24-02-2011, 05:59 PM
There's a themed restaurant at the mgm studios park next to hollywood and vine, I cant remember its name but wondered if it was any good?

You must be thinking of the 50's Prime Time. :yes:

And yes, it's very good! Say "hi" to mom and be sure to eat all your vegetables! :ROFL:

Be sure to save room for desert. The desert menu itself is enough to make your eyes bug out! Just go, and you'll see what I mean.

Tom (:macwave:... a Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake fan!)

lisaw
24-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Love 50's Prime Time! Have eaten there every trip and never had a bad meal! :)

uscwest
24-02-2011, 08:23 PM
At least once every trip.

foreverducky
24-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Love it!

BUTTERHEAD1
26-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I am one that enjoys the deserts and the atmosphere at 50's primetime but I find the food ok at best. The kids love the place and especially when a waitress starts to give me a hard time.
There is a bar in the waiting area and I have been known to stop in there for a quick beverage or two while the kids do the Rock and Roller coaster.

catrancher
01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Just ran across this today. Since I mentioned the PB&J milk shake at the 50's Prime Time, just found this recipe today on the Disney Parks Blog!

For your summertime (or anytime) enjoyment!

2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons grape jelly
2 cups vanilla ice cream
¼ cup milk
Blend ingredients until smooth and thick
Add additional peanut butter or jelly to taste
Make one “PB&J milk shake-lover” very happy!

Tom (:macwave:... ummm ummm good!)

uscwest
02-03-2011, 02:08 AM
I'll settle for the Coffee Milk Shake at Beaches and Cream.

Johnie
02-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Our waitress this past Jan said they can sub the jelly for chocolate in the shake. Think of it as a Reeses peanut butter cup shake.

I've only had the fried chicken and pot roast there and both have been very good

catrancher
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Think of it as a Reeses peanut butter cup shake.

:mental:

Tom (:macwave:... my very favoritest!)

JStrickPhoto
05-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Don't caught with your elbows on the table :-)

That was a really good meal when we stopped there last year. As I recall, we all pretty much waddled out as the portions were large!