PDA

View Full Version : sore feet in parks :(

WDWFigment
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Hiya does anyone else suffer with sore feet after the walking around parks, it really does seem to stop us and make us go back to the hotel and Im sure its me it happens to before any one else :( any hints or tips?

foreverducky
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I have a pair of Teva shoes that are excellent for the parks. Even after a long day of walking my feet are never sore. They are expensive but they last for years.

Shop the Official TEVA® Site | Live Better Stories at Teva.com (http://www.teva.com/shop/)

Lisa1976
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a pair of Teva shoes that are excellent for the parks. Even after a long day of walking my feet are never sore. They are expensive but they last for years.

Shop the Official TEVA® Site | Live Better Stories at Teva.com (http://www.teva.com/shop/)

Do you have any recommendations on the Teva's, I don't like trainers so wouldn't want my feet enclosed. They do have some nice sandle type ones though :)

foreverducky
02-03-2011, 01:52 PM
That's what I have, the sandal types. I have never bought their shoes, just the sandals. Also, I tend have the ones that cover more of your feet. They have some that have just straps on the top, which I don't have.

I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.

Lisa1976
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
They've got some really nice ones, and if they last as long as you say then paying out that much is a investment in the long run. I have a fallen instep too and find it hard to find sandals that are comfortable and don't make my feet hurt.

I might see about getting a pair of those for our next trip.

foreverducky
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I think I had my first pair for 6 years or so. Also, like the fact that with the different straps you can pull certain parts tighter while others stay looser. So it makes for more of a personal fit.

Britchick
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Do your feet sweat in the TEVAs? I can't wear Crocs in the heat because of it, would love to not have to wear trainers

uscwest
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I have 3 different pairs of Tevas that I wear to the parks. Much better than sneakers/trainers etc.

Johnie
02-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Achy feet are NOT good.

I take some Tylenol to start off the day. That seems to work as a preventative measure against general achiness.

I also wear good walking sandals. I have worn Tevas and have the pink pair in the pic. I currently like my Merrell San Remos. They are cute and have a nice sturdy footbed.

I can't wear tennis shoes at all. My poor feet need to be free!

Johnie
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Do your feet sweat in the TEVAs? I can't wear Crocs in the heat because of it, would love to not have to wear trainers

Crocs have some nice normal looking sandals as well. I have several pairs of these and my feet do not sweat in them

These are the Crocs Cleo

foreverducky
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM

If it's hot out my feet will sweat anyway. But maybe that's me. :unsure:

kimb28
21-06-2011, 02:16 AM
I always wear sneakers (I don’t like to leave my piggiesexposed to mishaps). I usually buy apair of Dr Scholl’s insoles for the trip and often will wear double socks forextra padding and blister prevention. Iknow it is way warmer than sandals, but my feet can go a lot longer this way.

Tink
21-06-2011, 02:52 AM
I've worn/wear any number of brands. The key is the footwear has to be perfectly fitting. Nothing new and stiff, or old and broken down, or you will get blisters.

Be alert to hot spots on your feet. The second you feel that you may be getting a blister, stop immediately and use moleskin or some other type of protection.

Consider getting a foot/leg massage. It does wonders for you! :yes:

katycoco
21-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I have seen dr scholl do a pair of trainers with a gel sole built in,

I think thats what im going to order for my trip.

Kate

:tongue:

Britchick
21-06-2011, 06:45 AM
I wear good quality trainers, and socks that wick the moisture away. I have delicate feet that blister easily especially in the heat. I think also you should do dome training before you go, you walk a lot of miles each day and it can make for a much better holiday.

DisneyFreak
21-06-2011, 01:02 PM
We usually pop a couple of Aleve or Advil in the morning before going into the parks. It makes a huge difference later in the day.

dazzledust
20-07-2011, 01:29 PM
im not a fan of crocs in the slightest but i do actually really like the ones you have just posted.

I normally buy plimsoles from primark, and as they are so cheap I then dump them before i come back, that way I have more room in my suitcase ;-)

ukwdwnut
20-07-2011, 02:08 PM
ive never suffered tbh. i just wear good quality trainers and small sports socks