PDA

View Full Version : What's your earliest Disney memory?

mgmjim
04-03-2011, 11:18 AM
We were talking last night about what our first memory of Disney was in terms of parks not films or anything

I remember seeing disneyworld on a kids tv programme and found out we were going that year. I remember walking onto main street and seeing the castle for the first time. I know thats what everyone would expect as the first memory :point: but it's stuck with me all this time

what about you?

ukwdwnut
04-03-2011, 11:29 AM
watching the mickey mouse club on tv :)

my best disney memory was when we made out forst trip in 2000, first park was the magic kingdom, well it had to be didnt it :), and standing at the top of main street and looking down at my kids faces and seeing the complete look of awe on their faces. it made the hairs on the back on my neck stand up on end and brought a lump to my throat and a tear in my eye :cry1:

uscwest
04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I remember the original Mickey Mouse Club. My first trip to anything Disney was 1984 went I spent one day in Disneyland.

Isafari
04-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Watching Tinkerbel fly over the castle at the start of the Disney films.

chief
05-03-2011, 08:55 PM
watching bambi with my cousin one summer holidays at my local cinema.although its not my favourite disney film that memory has stuck with me.

robertcraig
06-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Ariving at the entrance of the MK in 1981

DisneyFreak
13-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Mine is of my first visit to WDW back in 1979 (I was eight) when we turned off 192 onto World Drive. It was me and my Sister along with my parents and grandparents and we were all wondering "where the heck is it?!?" Back then there was nothing on World Drive until you saw the gates at the Magic Kingdom parking lot. It seemed like it took forever to get there from 192. :yes:

uscwest
13-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Do you mean of WDW or Disney in general. The reason I ask is that my earliest Disney memory is of the old Mickey Mouse Club (mid 1950's) and Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

DisneyFreak
13-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you mean of WDW or Disney in general. The reason I ask is that my earliest Disney memory is of the old Mickey Mouse Club (mid 1950's) and Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

We were talking last night about what our first memory of Disney was in terms of parks not films or anything

usc, he was referring to the parks only.

Shellyamc
13-05-2011, 07:18 PM
My first trip to WDW was for our honeymoon in 2000 :yes: Even the sight of the magical express made me tear up, but walking under the railroad station and seeing Main Street USA for real after seeing it on tv for all those years..I was a mess..in a good way :D