View Full Version : Thick question about Aperture 3

05-03-2011, 05:13 PM

This programmed that I have hummed and haaad about for months as , well the cost was always pretty high - about 170 at one point I'm sure ( unless I was hallucinating

Well , playing with the app store and Aperture is for sale for download for 40

The splash screens say Aperture 3

Is it really for sale for 40 or is this a 'lite' version ????????

05-03-2011, 05:20 PM
It's the full thing and yep the price was slashed :yes:

They were losing out to adobe lightroom and the general feeling is that they did it as a promotion for the appstore but kinda forgot to tell anyone :lol:

Anyway, yep, full thing and a bargain at that price IMHO

05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for reminding me guys! :thumbsup:

I had seen that in the app store the other day and forgot to grab it when I did. Your discussion reminded me. :yes:

Downloading now. Clever how the lens icon for the app in the app store jumps down into your dock when you buy it. :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... there's probably an app for that!)

05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh I absolutely love how the apps just jump in and upload directly.

I may be wrong agin but wasn't this originally going for 300 quid at one point??? :unsure:

I have PSE9 which I am very impressed with I have to say and it has content aware which although isn't flawless is not bad at all

40 for aperture 3 has the be the bargain of the month surely, absolutely bonkers, I know it's not perfect but some of this brushes are very useful indeed !!!

Off to crowbar my son off the imac so I can upload it

Oh and thanks to the beauty of iTunes I can upload it to the MacBook pro for no extra money.

Thanks chaps :)

05-03-2011, 10:02 PM
So very tempted...

05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Been playing with it this evening, still can't believe it's only 40 quid!!