PDA

View Full Version : What are we all applying for then?

Dawn
15-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Olympic ticket sales open up today. :thumbsup:

We're trying for gymnastics, fencing, volleyball and maybe an athletics session.

Lisa1976
15-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Hmm, not sure, it really depends on how expensive they make them.

Lisa1976
15-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Well i've just had a look and they certainly aren't cheap, and when you factor in the expense of travelling etc and that you may not get any anyway, i'd rather watch it on TV :yes:

Poohtle
15-03-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm going to sit at home and watch in the comfort here.:yes: Will be using the red button on the TV to move between the sports(well as far as what they want to be covering anyway)

It will be great to have it in our time zone too won't it?

Skywatcher
15-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Got to go to something don't really care what - Lisa picked up a big booklet of ticketing from lloyds I think :unsure: - I would however dearly love to get into the stadium for something

Dorothy
15-03-2011, 02:37 PM
If I lived closer or I was rich I'd pay any price to to watch the equestrian eventing and jumping competions :yes:

keith
15-03-2011, 02:43 PM
If I lived closer or I was rich

so do I! and I'm supposedly in the same country :lol:

Dorothy
15-03-2011, 02:45 PM
so do I! and I'm supposedly in the same country :lol:

Would you spend the money to go if you had it?

keith
15-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Would you spend the money to go if you had it?

no ;-)

Skywatcher
15-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Corporate??

Dawn
15-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Got to try for something. Never again in my lifetime will there be an olympic games in this country.

Carpe Diem!

Skywatcher
15-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Got to try for something. Never again in my lifetime will there be an olympic games in this country.

Carpe Diem!

Abso chuffing lutely!!

I love the olympics and I think although we are a naturally cynical nation, come the time there will be a real sense of unity and pride, genuinely.

keith
15-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Abso chuffing lutely!!

I love the olympics and I think although we are a naturally cynical nation, come the time there will be a real sense of unity and pride, genuinely.

Well I must admit, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in them and feel, even with a smattering of outside london venues, that it's still very much a london based event.

HOWEVER, you're right we're cynical with zero national pride so ok, if it does some good there then so be it.

Dawn
15-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Already submitted my application.#

Hope I don't get them all - I'll be £500 out of pocket even before transport etc... :lol:

keith
15-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Hope you all get something really great then! :thumbsup:

josh.p.
15-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Hope you all get something fantastic :yes:

keith
15-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Hope you all get something fantastic :yes:

back to the flat caps and pigeon racing for us up north then I guess Josh :lol:

Skywatcher
15-03-2011, 05:38 PM
We NEED some national pride and identity.

Was listening to 5 live earlier and one of our rowers was saying that the best bit of the whole olympics in Sydney for him was Kathy Freemans gold - he said the emotion was palpable - sport has the ability to transcend all the barriers of race religion and petty politics if even for a short while, and as such should be celebrated.and I utterly exclude football from that equation

Too many things are seen in terms of their opportunity cost ' that could have been spent on x nurses or x kidney dialysis machines'. I don't want to have been part of a generation that left no legacy, no concord moments, no man on the moon moments'

I hope that for a fortnight we smile and enjoy the spectacle and the colour the highs and the lows and we show the world that we are a great nation

keith
15-03-2011, 06:28 PM
London 2012 Olympics countdown clock stops only hours after unveiling
The newly-unveiled clock in Londonís Trafalgar Square counting down the days until the 2012 Olympics has broken down and stopped

oops

Britchick
15-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Definitely going to try for something in the velodrome, not sure what else, I really really hope we get something.

Dawn
15-03-2011, 07:42 PM
We NEED some national pride and identity.

Was listening to 5 live earlier and one of our rowers was saying that the best bit of the whole olympics in Sydney for him was Kathy Freemans gold - he said the emotion was palpable - sport has the ability to transcend all the barriers of race religion and petty politics if even for a short while, and as such should be celebrated.and I utterly exclude football from that equation

Too many things are seen in terms of their opportunity cost ' that could have been spent on x nurses or x kidney dialysis machines'. I don't want to have been part of a generation that left no legacy, no concord moments, no man on the moon moments'

I hope that for a fortnight we smile and enjoy the spectacle and the colour the highs and the lows and we show the world that we are a great nation

Yeah!!! We need to stop being cynical and get behind the olympics. Just smile and enjoy the experience instead of seeing the negative side of everything this country tries to do.

And let's face it - we can't do worse than Delhi.:unsure:

keith
15-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Well so far we can't get the clock to work :lol: but yeah, I'm sure it'll erm get better :unsure:

keith
15-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I wont watch the rest but I definitely will watch the opening :yes: really really really hoping that we go all out for that! I really would love people to say remember the UK olympics opening for years to come. Now THAT would be cool

josh.p.
15-03-2011, 08:16 PM
back to the flat caps and pigeon racing for us up north then I guess Josh :lol:
:rotfl: Meet you at the greyhound track, Keith :rotfl:

London 2012 Olympics countdown clock stops only hours after unveiling
The newly-unveiled clock in Londonís Trafalgar Square counting down the days until the 2012 Olympics has broken down and stopped

oops
:mental: I'm thinking the builders did it in a conquest to bide more time!

keith
15-03-2011, 08:23 PM
:rotfl: Meet you at the greyhound track, Keith :rotfl:

aye, I'll get the ole cart out and get the old nag reshod. We'll have a good ole' day out and we'll na' want for owt lad.

(or something :lol: )

:mental: I'm thinking the builders did it in a conquest to bide more time!

heheh stop the clockkkkkk yeah good thinking. Let's hope the opening ceremony really isn't a couple of sparklers and a bottle of flat lemonade from Aldi.

Joking aside though, I do hope the whole thing is spectacular. I do agree the country and heck, most of the world, could use a lift :yes:

Claire
15-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Sailing. It's got to be worth a try.

Skywatcher
16-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Vellodromw looks amazing and unlike most I think it has seating all around it - has anyone else got their book from LLoyds there are soo many choices!!

Seriously tempted by the opening ceremony

keith
16-03-2011, 10:01 AM

I think that would be really cool :yes:

Britchick
16-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Vellodromw looks amazing and unlike most I think it has seating all around it - has anyone else got their book from LLoyds there are soo many choices!!

Have you seen the velodrome in Manchester? We went in January and loved it. They don't have seats at the very ends. We're going back in October to some championships

uscwest
16-03-2011, 11:04 PM
The only way I would be able to get there would be if I were to win the lottery.

Britchick
16-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Stranger things have happened John!

Skywatcher
18-03-2011, 08:11 AM
At the moment my plan is Athletics in themorning on a Saturday ( only realistic day I will be able to go ) and then vellodrome in the afternoon for hopefully a medal

pablowest
03-04-2011, 03:25 AM
I really want to apply for that. Do we need to be in the corporate attire?

daveann
30-05-2011, 05:58 PM
there is a hpld on some money in our bank account so we are hopeful we have got tickets as its the only thing it can be for that amount :)

Suebeattie
30-05-2011, 06:08 PM
there is a hpld on some money in our bank account so we are hopeful we have got tickets as its the only thing it can be for that amount :)

We had that during the week last week and it was for some of the tickets we applied for. TBH not the ones I was hoping for so have everything crossed we get the opening ceremony allocation :fingers:
:wiggle: