PDA

View Full Version : Made me chuckle

arkvilla
15-03-2011, 09:34 PM
How funny is this, we have 2 American guests in the villa at the moment (snowbirds) they leave on Friday so I just gave them a quick call to say hope they had a nice stay etc anyway.... the answerphone came on and they have recorded their own message saying " This is David & Betty, please leave a message - how funny is that - like it's their own phone... I hope they have vacated for when we arrive on Saturday!! :unsure:

Is it 'usual' for US guests to record their own message when staying in a vacation home? It's never happened before as far as I know

Sandra

josh.p.
15-03-2011, 10:02 PM
:rotfl:

Britchick
15-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Maybe they didn't want their American friends to think they'd called the UK!

arkvilla
16-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Aww, they have been so lovely to deal with and this morning I have woken to a message from them and they are leaving todayinstead, here's their messge:-

We have decided to leave here in the morning, March 16th, David isn't feeling well and we better get back to our doctors. We have really enjoyed your beautiful home. We have left it clean. All linens have been washed except the towels and bedding that we will use tonight. We will put those in the laundry basket in the morning. Also the sheets on the twin beds that are foot to foot are clean and made up, the sheets for the other rooms are washed and folded, and the napkins and place mats in the dining room are washed.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If you ever make a trip to Washington, DC we live within 30 miles and would love to meet you.<o:p></o:p>
God Bless,

<o:p>What a shame David is feeling poorly and I can't believe they have done all that washing and cleaning - so kind</o:p>
<o:p>Sandra</o:p>

lozzy
16-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Firstly, what a funny thing to do on someone else's phone,
Secondly, they said lime a very lovely couple and what a shame they had to leave early due to illness,
Thirdly, when we have rented a villa in the past I have always washed everything the night before apart from anything we used the night/ morning before we leave, I kind of feel I need to as I have used the items.

Tinkfan
16-03-2011, 09:49 AM
:tongue:Maybe they were expecting a very important message and tried to avoid confusion? Glad you won't have to deal with all the washing. Have a lovely trip!:hug2:

daveann
16-03-2011, 10:06 AM
aw what a sweet message :) as for the answerphone i think thats so funny i havent even got my own answerphone message :lol:

chief
16-03-2011, 04:16 PM
how lovely to know you have had some lovely people stay in your home,
i havnt even recorded my own answer phone message on my landline or mobile lol x

foreverducky
16-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't record anything like that...maybe it was so nice that they felt much like at home. :D

arkvilla
16-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I feel so sorry for them as they drove down and now David is feeling poorly and they have to drive all the way back to Washington!!

Sandra

Kate
16-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Aw thats a nice message, its nice they let you know how much they enjoyed their stay!

Do people not normally wash their own things and tidy up? Even when we stay in a caravan i strip all the beds down etc, if they had a washing machine i would probably wash them too, clean up after ourselves!

arkvilla
16-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Aw thats a nice message, its nice they let you know how much they enjoyed their stay!

Do people not normally wash their own things and tidy up? Even when we stay in a caravan i strip all the beds down etc, if they had a washing machine i would probably wash them too, clean up after ourselves!

We do ask that guests fill the dishwasher, strip the beds and start a wash if they can, but if they don't have the time then its not something we expect them to do.

Sandra