PDA

View Full Version : The 20/40 trip itinerary

Britchick
20-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Depart 3rd week of August

Day 1. Check in to Sofitel Heathrow terminal 5

Day 2. World traveller plus with BA to Miami

Collect hire car, intermediate SUV from Dollar

Drive to Vero Beach, staying for 2 nights at Gloria Estefan's Costa d'este resort

Vero Beach Hotels: Gloria Estefan's Costa d’Este Resort Vero Beach Central Florida FL Luxury Oceanfront Hotel Rooms Packages Spas Suites Specials Romantic Getaways Family Vacations Discounts Weddings Meetings Events (http://www.costadeste.com/)

Day 3. Chill by the pool and beach, meal in resort, walmart run for water, sun cream etc. Free Mojito reception :yes:

Day 4. Drive early morning to Royal Pacific Resort, Universal studios, check in to club room? Have breakfast before going to US? (stop laughing Lisa!)

Day 5. IOA

Day 6. Meet Lisaw at MK for the keys to the kingdom tour :wiggle: am, shopping in the afternoon or chill by pool, ? Bahama Breeze?

Day 7. Visit both parks to do faves again

Day 8. Check in to OKW one bedroom, dinner at Boma

Day 9. Dinner at Crystal Palace, Wishes

Day 10. Dinner at teppan edo, illuminations

Day 11. Sea world, VIP tour, dinner at cape may buffet

Day 12. Animal Kingdom, lunch at Yak and Yeti (table service)

Day 13. Dinner at prime time cafe, fantastic

Day 14. Dinner at Whispering canyon, electric water thingy

Day 15. Dinner at Kona cafe, wishes from beach at poly

Day 16. Dinner at Biergarten

Day 17. Animal Kingdom. Lunch at the Tusker house

Day 18. Discovery cove, celebration package and cabana booked. No meal planned in the evening, will probably just need a snack

Day 19. Our 20th wedding anniversary, dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse :thumbsup:

Day 20. Drive to Miami and catch flight back to Heathrow, World traveller plus again. :sorry:

I have tentative plans for the days but don't want to be too fixed, we know what we'll be doing most evenings but I don't mind that.

Day 7

Cinderella94
20-03-2011, 03:32 PM
awww that sounds amazing :hug2: Ive always wondered what the universal hotels are like

Britchick
20-03-2011, 04:21 PM
awww that sounds amazing :hug2: Ive always wondered what the universal hotels are like

I'll try and get loads of photos :thumbsup:

josh.p.
20-03-2011, 06:32 PM
:mental: The trip of a lifetime!

chief
20-03-2011, 08:08 PM
you are so organised! it sounds great x

robertcraig
21-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Thats some trip have agreat time

Wendy
14-05-2011, 02:32 PM
It sounds really good Julie :)

We're flying into Miami this time as well, a little worried but I'm sure it will be fine :yes:

Britchick
14-05-2011, 06:55 PM
It sounds really good Julie :)

We're flying into Miami this time as well, a little worried but I'm sure it will be fine :yes:

Wendy we did it about 10 years ago and it was fine. We usually have to drive for a few hours when we get to a US airport so no difference really and gives me a chance for a couple of nights by the sea

BevW
15-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Man....now I'm really tired! :yes:

Britchick
28-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Lol Bev, there will be lots of chilling I promise!

Right....I've been fiddling :yes:

Firstly upgraded the SUV to a full size one as we're 4 adults really and want to be comfy on our travels.

Cancelled costa d'este at vero beach and used some loyalty points to just stay over night at a country inn and suites at vero beach, we'll just want to go to walmart get some stuff, eat and go to bed. Then the next morning we'll leave about 6am for Orlando where I've added another night at the Royal Pacific Hotel.

Dining: due to Caitlin crying when we saw a video trip report of Cinderellas castle I have booked us both in for breakfast one morning. (shhh it's a secret)
Also booked for us two to go to chef mickeys for breakfast
And just now booked the dessert party in Magic Kingdom (no one knows about that!)

Phew

Britchick
28-05-2011, 07:15 PM
FYI at the dessert party I will eat my own weight in chocolate dipped strawberries :tongue:

keith
28-05-2011, 07:27 PM
aww sounds brilliant

I really like the dessert party, all that chocolate :) surprisingly good view too.

Britchick
28-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I really like the dessert party, all that chocolate :) surprisingly good view too.

we used to watch fireworks from there, I especially remember at our first MVMCP and Rudolph flew over instead of Tink, lovely memory of the kids being excited

lisaw
28-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Is August available now for the dessert party? Been checking every couple of days!

Britchick
28-05-2011, 08:37 PM
It is :wiggle: don't go through the calendar, type your date in instead :yes:

lisaw
28-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Won't let me, it keeps defaulting back to todays date for some reason :unsure: Just on the phone now.

lisaw
28-05-2011, 08:59 PM
and they have just said there is no dates released for August :(

lisaw
28-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok called back a second time and told them my friend had booked and she managed to find it this time! So we are booked too! :wiggle:

keith
28-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok called back a second time and told them my friend had booked and she managed to find it this time! So we are booked too! :wiggle:

thats what drives me mad about disney dining :/

Britchick
28-05-2011, 09:30 PM

LOL if I'd known you were ringing I'd have got you to ask about fantastic packages :point:

lisaw
28-05-2011, 09:54 PM
thats what drives me mad about disney dining :/

:yes: Every time I think it's going to get better and it never does!

lisaw
28-05-2011, 09:54 PM
LOL if I'd known you were ringing I'd have got you to ask about fantastic packages :point:

:thud:

Britchick
11-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to bump this in preparation for the 20/40 trip report, I wasn't going to do one but feel I shoukd really LOL

Now did I do a pre trippy or just this? :unsure: