PDA

View Full Version : how and where were you proposed to :)

disneymom
02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Boring damp Saturday so I thought we'd play a game :D

Tell us, where and how were you proposed to by your other half :)

JStrickPhoto
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Or turn it around, how YOU proposed, if that applies...

For me, it was late year in late February. I took my then girlfriend of 2 years to her first Florida/Disney vacation. We stayed with my folks at OKW in a 2-bedroom villa. Since she had never been to both Florida and all things Disney, I got us 4-day hopper passes.

My folks knew I'd be taking her to all the parks so they left us alone so I could show her all the fun places and attractions that WE love so much. Since we were all on the dining plan, we met-up for lunch or dinner a couple times.

They joined us on our second day at HS. While they went to a couple shows, we left for Downtown Disney for a bit then came back to HS for dinner at the 50s Primetime Cafe.

I had encouraged my folks to meet up with us the next day at EPCOT as I had a plan. My plan had been conceived over a year previous.

My family loves all the Disney stuff and we've been so many times. A personal highlight has always been Illuminations. So after our dinner at China, we briefly strolled through a few countries making our way towards Germany. I knew there was a pretty good vantage point for Illuminations.

I'd been somewhat tense all day hoping things would fall into place. They had been so far! At this point, I was pretty nervous though. Words and thoughts running through my head. So, at about 10 minutes to 9pm and the start of Illuminations, I told Becky my feelings and then as my parents looked on, asked her to marry me.

Everyone was very surprised! Of course she said yes :-) We watched the show and walked to Boardwalk where my dad ordered a bottle of Champagne at his favorite little hydration spot, a small lounge on the second floor overlooking the courtyard of the main building. We celebrated for a little while and eventually caught the bus back to our villa, where we had another bottle of champagne waiting for us as the only person who knew of my plan was my youngest brother.

Very memorable trip for us both and the reason why we were just back visiting in late January/early February. My folks gave us 3 nights at Vero Beach/4 nights at SSRS as a honeymoon gift.

We're already planning a return trip in early 2012 :-)

daveann
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
well here i go again you will be sick of hearing this story :lol:
had been to mcikey very merry christmas party and was on the mono rail back to the transportation centre by the wedding pavillion when my darling husband popped the quetion :)

Britchick
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Jon asked if I would marry him in the mess bar during a Christmas Ball, we'd only known each other 6 weeks! I guess when you know you know! We will be celebrating 20 years in September:)