PDA

View Full Version : What Disney traditions do you have?

Shellyamc
22-04-2011, 10:55 PM
What is something that you do or see every trip to Disney? Is there a picture you take or a place you eat? We are going to be creating some traditions this trip, so I would love to know what yours are :D

uscwest
23-04-2011, 01:51 AM
We try to eat JIKO and grab a hot dog at Casey's on almost every trip.

Johnie
23-04-2011, 02:52 AM
I can't say we do. Every trip seems to have a theme though

Kate
23-04-2011, 06:53 AM
We always have an ice cream in the parlor on main street, and take a photo of walt and mickey with the castle behind, this year dd was in it and its one of my favourite photos from the holiday :yes:

Shellyamc
23-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Yay! I want more please :D

Shellyamc
23-04-2011, 10:25 PM
We always have an ice cream in the parlor on main street, and take a photo of walt and mickey with the castle behind, this year dd was in it and its one of my favourite photos from the holiday :yes:

I have seen people who always take the same picture of their child each trip to watch them grow up! I think that would be really cool. You would have to pick something that would always be there and I think this would probably be a really good choice :yes:

foreverducky
24-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I always buy a picture frame, that's my personal tradition.

And I always tend to go to DTD after we arrive.

catrancher
24-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Shirts! Polo type shirts. That's my weakness.

I always have to replenish my supply of Polo shirts when I'm at WDW. Hotel ones, ride ones, any that I can find that appeal to me.

Tom(:macwave:... wish I still had my Adventurer's Club one!)

keith
24-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Great question! :yes:

Well my shopping weakness is Disney Mugs. Not just ANY, I'm pretty picky but there are so many that there's always quite a few I want to add. I do buy pins but I'm even MORE picky and have only a few pages of pins that really are special to me.

Traditions... we also book scifi diner for an afternoon meal and a watch of the old corny scifi. A glass of champagne whilst watching EPCOT Illuminations.. no matter how many times I see it, it always moves me. Hoop dee Doo and Luau MUST be done.

Disney have axed a few of mine. Walking around the osbourne lights when they were strung up around the houses was one of my most favourite things to do but I really dislike them where they are now. The EPCOT musical arch was another christmas thing for me but gone now.

Dawn
24-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Ummmm, well first morning we always eat at Perkins at The Crossroads.

And first day is always Downtown Disney.

Last day is have become traditional to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare now before getting the ferry boat back across the lagoon and waving goodbye to the castle. :crywave:

uscwest
24-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Shirts! Polo type shirts. That's my weakness.

I always have to replenish my supply of Polo shirts when I'm at WDW. Hotel ones, ride ones, any that I can find that appeal to me.

Tom(:macwave:... wish I still had my Adventurer's Club one!) Boy does that sound familiar. I also look at and sometimes buy dress shirts and ties.

foreverducky
24-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh I forgot, I always buy a mug or two, but usually of just Donald. :D

Shellyamc
24-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I am loving these :yes:

Dh is right in with the polo shirts! He is wearing his shirt from Germany in Epcot today and, boy oh boy, does that need to be replaced :unsure:

I always get a photo album :thumbsup: We always have hundreds of pictures, but I pick out the 30 or 40 that I love the best and put them in the book. I like looking at them and seeing the books sitting on the shelf :)