PDA

View Full Version : My kids really know how to worry me

Mags
24-04-2011, 07:31 PM
As if it wasnt enough having to go through hell a few weeks ago as my daughter is living in Japan,(just got out of Tokyo before the quake) my second son is now in The Middle East (Beirut, Jordan and Syria :nono:) on his holidays. The airline lost both his and his friend's luggage and he was in the desert for three days without a change of clothing. He emailed me to inform me that he 'stank' but failed to alleviate me worrying about him. I have emailed him the BBC link to tell him to change his plans and PLEASE do not go to Damascus, but I havent a clue whether he will go or not. If he does I bet he wont be insured if anything happens. I wish also that he would stop visiting war zones. He has made a habit of it in the past and boy, does he worry me. Just hoping that he makes it back safe and sound.

Mags

josh.p.
24-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Jesus! what is he doing there?! :unsure:

Mags
24-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Jesus! what is he doing there?! :unsure:

He had arranged it ages ago but assured me the day before he went that he wouldnt go to Syria if things got worse. He has come back from the desert (just emailed me), officially no longer stinks as his bags have turned up and says he will spend most of his time in Beirut instead - so that's OK then! :slap:
Last year he visited Kosovo and Sarajevo. He just wants to visit all the places no one else goes to. God only knows why, but I dont! :unsure:
I blame myself for bringing him to WDW. He kept telling me he wanted to see the 'real world' after that, but I think he is taking it a bit too far!

Mags

Johnie
24-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Bless your heart Mags! :hug2: I understand what you are going through. It's hard to be a parent. I also understand your son. I would love to go visit some of the places that are considered dangerous. In fact, I used to want to visit Iraq before Saddam destroyed all the awesome antiquities they had. I believe you can't live your life in fear and should go places. But, as a mom, I wouldn 't want my daughter to do it!

Mags
24-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Truthfully, it has been very tough with both of them recently. Stephen is my second son and the one who likes 'war zone' holidays. In all honesty I hadnt an idea exactly where he was until today. Seemingly he is in Jordan. I asked him if he had been to Petra (the Pink City) and this was his reply.

'Yes, it was brilliant. Also been to Wadi Rum - national park which is basically desert with mountains. Did some hair raising climbing! Slept in Bedouin camps both nights. Been to the Dead Sea - so buoyant its almost impossible to swim in! Crusader Castle at Karak today and drove back to Amman this evening. Will be here tomorrow then on to Beirut on Tuesday. Looking forward to a Martini - booze in any form is rare here.'

Looks like he is safe at least and it sounds like a bit of an adventure.
I would have loved to have gone to Iraq as well Johnie - it is full of the most amazing ancient history and artifacts. I can understand you not wanting your dd to go either.

Mags

mumof2
25-04-2011, 10:02 AM
oh good grief Mags! I'm speechless so all i can do if offer hugs!

:hug2::hug2: