PDA

View Full Version : longhorn v black angus v another?

disneymom
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I have mannys chop house down to try but something closer would be longhorn or black angus. Any comments on the better of those or another one?

foreverducky
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I do enjoy Longhorn Steakhouse. I visited one in Palm Harbor and it was such an interesting place. I love a restaurant with a good environment and I loved the feel of the old western bar that Longhorn promoted.

To be honest, I had the chicken as I don't enjoy steak, however, I heard that the steak was just as good as the chicken. :D

Slowhand
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Here`s another vote for the Longhorn. :yes:
I had a great steak when we went last year and my DW [who does not eat red meat], also found a good selection on the menu to choose from.

catrancher
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
You gotta have a Texas Tonion! Yumm.... :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... well... I think they're good!)

daveann
10-05-2011, 04:33 PM
longhorn for me we eat there at least 4 times during our stay we love it. the one on us192 is good and the one near sanford airport is amazing and full of local people. you dont often get money off coupons for longhorn though :( but the steak there is amazing so well worth the money :)

Esmeralda
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Have you tried Golden Coral?

catrancher
10-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Have you tried Golden Coral?

Sorry, but not even close to the same class as Longhorn. :thumbsdown:

Tom (:macwave:... spoiled by a really good steak!)

Tink
11-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Longhorn is now part of the Darden Chain of restaurants (Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Red Lobster...) so their quality will be relatively consistent throughout.

Having said that, there are ones that are better than the other. We like the Winter Garden Village one, but don't care for the one on 192 (east of Celebration). There is a second one west on 192. It's ok.

Relatively speaking, the further you get from the tourist areas the better the food (in nearly any restaurant).

We've not tried the Angus restaurants as none of them ever looked too clean.

Golden Corral is a budget friendly all you can eat buffet. Wouldn't put it in the same category at all with Longhorn in either, price, service or quality of food.

Wendy
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Another vote for the Longhorn here :yes: Their steaks are so tender and if you like chocolate then their Chocolate Stampede dessert is a must :biggrin: