PDA

View Full Version : Best super market to stock up on food?

Eeyorerocks
14-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi all we'll be going to the world of the mouse soon and need to keep a rented villa topped up on food for the extended family, we're going to try to avoid spending a fortune on meals at disney

which of the many super markets are best out there? publix is expensive I think as is walgreens? should we just head for walmart or target?

Wendy
14-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Most people use Walmart and they are cheaper for a lot of things you buy. Personally I prefer Publix for fresh food and vegetables as I think they have the best quality.

We use Target a lot as well, they have a huge chioce and their quality is good.

We never go to Walgreens as they are very expensive.

robertcraig
14-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I always go to PUBLIX and i like their deli counter

Wendy
14-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I always go to PUBLIX and i like their deli counter

Oh their deli counter is to die for, I love their subs :biggrin:

Isafari
14-05-2011, 10:42 PM
We always use Publix but this is for convenience/location more than value for money

lisaw
15-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I don't like Walmart for food at all - if I were just grocery shopping I would use Super Target or Publix - Whole Foods Market is lovely too if you want a more organic, fresh food shop.

arkvilla
15-05-2011, 11:36 AM
We also tend to use Publix and Walmart.

I've heard Sweetbay is also nice but haven't tried it

Sandra

Slowhand
15-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Another Publix customer here.
Somehow, Walmarts [although ideal for most things] doesn`t feel "right" for food items IMHO.

foreverducky
15-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I think Publix is nice, but it's also expensive. I usually shop at either Walmart or Super Target.

Wendy
15-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't like Walmart for food at all - if I were just grocery shopping I would use Super Target or Publix - Whole Foods Market is lovely too if you want a more organic, fresh food shop.

Lisa, I forgot about Whole Foods, it might be more expensive, but the food is lovely. Thanks for reminding me :hug2:

Have you ever been to Yalaha Bakery, it's quite a drive away, but it's worth it, the bakery is wonderful. It's a German bakery and they sell food, bread and cakes. Have a look yalaha bakery (http://www.yalahabakery.com/index.php)

After looking at their site though it looks like they will be opening a shop in Orlando :wiggle:

Tony G
19-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Definitely Publix for us too.

...Although we do use Wal-Mart at the beginning of a trip to stock up on branded drinks and crisps, which are more expensive (and only sold singly) in Publix.

ukwdwnut
19-06-2011, 10:36 AM
walmart & publix here

Tink
19-06-2011, 01:15 PM
We use Publix, Whole Foods and Fresh Market. We don't buy food from Walmart.

Target is ok, but never seem to have what I am looking for in food items, and only Super Target's sell food.

Sweet Bay is very hit or miss. Some are ok, others are downright nasty.

Dawn
19-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Walmart at the start of our stay to stock up on drinks, staple foods and cheap tourist tat.

Use Publix after that for fresh food and sushi. :thumbsup:

Tinkfan
20-06-2011, 10:20 PM
:wave: Our Target will now be stocking fresh produce as of July 17. Walgreens is primarily a drug store that carries some food items, i use wal-mart for canned or boxed items, pop, chips ect. They do not have an on-site butcher and I never buy meat there or produce.( the bread is all of the soft sticky variety too!) They do have a multi grain and sour-dough loaf in the bakery that is better but not good!:yes: