PDA

View Full Version : what are you reading at the moment?

dvcjane
14-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm reading the morganville vampires and the whole series is fab :) LOVE 'em, what about you?

Britchick
14-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Im about to start creating the magic by Lee Cockrell

foreverducky
15-05-2011, 01:04 AM
The best thing I've read in while is from J.A. Konrath. It was series with a character called Jack Daniels (a woman detective). They were about serial killers, but with a bunch of humor. Just fabulous. Each book is named after an alcoholic drink. :yes:

Dawn
15-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Kingdom Keepers II :thumbsup:

robertcraig
15-05-2011, 12:34 PM
reading KATHY REICH'S 206 BONES she has a new book just out called VIRAL

Wendy
15-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I've just started reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

DisneyFreak
16-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen

josh.p.
16-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I've just finished the Sookie Stackhouse novels. The latest one came out the other day and I'd read it within 48 hours :rotfl: Half-way through Russell Brand's 'My Booky Wook 2'

foreverducky
16-05-2011, 03:07 PM
I've just finished the Sookie Stackhouse novels. The latest one came out the other day and I'd read it within 48 hours :rotfl: Half-way through Russell Brand's 'My Booky Wook 2'

:lol: The Sookie book came out here on the 3rd of May. I started reading it that morning, very early, and finished it that night. :D It was really good, especially compared the last one.

Dorothy
16-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I just finished "Dog On It" by Spencer Quinn. It's about a down on his luck PI and his dog and the book is written from the dog's point of view. I just picked up the next on called "To Fetch A Thief". I love books that are funny, yet are well written :thumbsup:

foreverducky
16-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I just finished "Dog On It" by Spencer Quinn. It's about a down on his luck PI and his dog and the book is written from the dog's point of view. I just picked up the next on called "To Fetch A Thief". I love books that are funny, yet are well written :thumbsup:

These sound interesting. I will have to look into them.

Deb
16-05-2011, 03:57 PM

I like the sound of those books :yes:

I'm reading blueeyedboy by Joanne Harris, the lady who also wrote Chocolat. It is nothing like Chocolat (other than being well written!) and is written as if by a sort of sinister blogger who may or may not actually carry out the psychologically scary and very clever so far.

arkvilla
16-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I only ever read on holiday, I don't get the time in my 'normal' life :thumbsdown:

Sandra

josh.p.
16-05-2011, 05:20 PM
:lol: The Sookie book came out here on the 3rd of May. I started reading it that morning, very early, and finished it that night. :D It was really good, especially compared the last one.
I thought 'dead in the family' wasn't the best of the series :unsure: The latest one was awesome even though I do get very annoyed when she repeats details that 'loyal' fans who have read the whole series will already know. I know the idea is to make it so that you can pick it up anywhere in the series but logically thinking that doesn't work anyway :shrug:

foreverducky
16-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I thought 'dead in the family' wasn't the best of the series :unsure: The latest one was awesome even though I do get very annoyed when she repeats details that 'loyal' fans who have read the whole series will already know. I know the idea is to make it so that you can pick it up anywhere in the series but logically thinking that doesn't work anyway :shrug:

I completely understand, I feel the same way. Who do you hope she ends up with? (was that a really girly question :unsure:)

robertcraig
16-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Just ordered QUINTON JARDINE book GRIEVOUS ANGEL from amazon due in june thats holiday reading sorted

josh.p.
16-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I completely understand, I feel the same way. Who do you hope she ends up with? (was that a really girly question :unsure:)
Yes it was

p.s I really really really really really really really really want her to stay with eric.

foreverducky
16-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes it was

p.s I really really really really really really really really want her to stay with eric.

What?! No way...Sam, all the way.

foreverducky
16-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh forgot to add that there only 2 more books, I believe left of the Sookie books. I just gave my collection to the Salvation Army.

josh.p.
17-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh forgot to add that there only 2 more books, I believe left of the Sookie books. I just gave my collection to the Salvation Army.
I think it will meet a natural end soon anyway. If she ends up with Bill I'll be annoyed because that'd be so predictable. Now, if she ended up with Pam... THAT would be cool :thumbsup: Pam is my favourite character.

foreverducky
17-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I think it will meet a natural end soon anyway. If she ends up with Bill I'll be annoyed because that'd be so predictable. Now, if she ended up with Pam... THAT would be cool :thumbsup: Pam is my favourite character.

Bill is definitely not a good idea. He messed up a long time ago. Pam is fantastic isn't she?! I think Eric will always care about himself more than anyone else. We will have to 'talk' when the others come out. :D

Esmeralda
17-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Got Nelson Mandela's new one for my cruise, so keep on looking longingly at that as I'm dying to get my hands on it.

Just read all the Darren Shan books, they were good, different.

Also read all the latest Romany books. Love the lifestyle and values.

I can't read chicklits.

ukwdwnut
17-05-2011, 03:38 PM
your thread ;) :)

ive never read a book in my life and doubt i ever will

Esmeralda
17-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Aw you don't know what you're missing. How come Mick?

Skywatcher
18-05-2011, 07:01 AM

:jawdrop: