PDA

View Full Version : From the City of Brotherly Love!!!

baggies
16-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Hello from Philly!! My name is Dan. I am 25 yrs old and am planning on visiting Disney World in Nov.
It will be me, my wife, 3 yr old and 6 mo old daughters. Also going are my mom and sister. We are going for the Food and Wine Festival and my daughters interest in the Princesses! We are getting a Family Suite probably in Port Orleans Riverside. Any help you can give as far as discounts on the room or tickets would be helpful. Also what to expect for crowds and the like. Thanks!!

arkvilla
16-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Dan and welcome to Secrets.

I can't help with onsite stuff as we never stay onsite, but lots of our members do and will be along to help soon

Have fun planning your trip :-)

Sandra

uscwest
16-05-2011, 02:52 PM
:potato: Hello Dan and :rainbowwelcome: to Disney Secrets. Have fun planning your November trip. What part of the month are you going? I believe F&W ends on the 13th this year. I also don't recall Family Suites being available at POR.

baggies
16-05-2011, 03:26 PM
We're planning on the first or second week. Now sure yet. We called down because they were giving us a family suite in the value resorts. The website sait it was someting like $1716 for 7 nights. It had an option for POR at $1717. The numbers might not be right but it was literally $1 more for the POR. We called them and they said the POR had a room that slept 6 in a suite.

Isafari
16-05-2011, 03:58 PM
:hello1: and welcome to Secrets

catrancher
16-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Dan!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets!

I don't believe that POR has family suites. Just checking the room capacity Disney publishes shows that the maximum room capacity at POR is 5. So, you'd probably end up having to do 2 connecting rooms at POR versus the family Suite at the All-Star Music resort.

In any case, I know that trying to get 6 people into a room at POR will be very uncomfortable.

Tom (:macwave:... hope that doesn't kink your plans too much!)

arkvilla
16-05-2011, 05:14 PM
We're planning on the first or second week. Now sure yet. We called down because they were giving us a family suite in the value resorts. The website sait it was someting like $1716 for 7 nights. It had an option for POR at $1717. The numbers might not be right but it was literally $1 more for the POR. We called them and they said the POR had a room that slept 6 in a suite.

Just curious - we've never stayed onsite so I don't fully understand the pricing structure - does the $1716 include access to all the parks?

I only ask because we charge $933 for a week and that's for a whole house but obviously you have the added extras such as car, park tickets, food etc.

I know lost of people like it on site so they can be in the midst of all the atmosphere :yes:

Sandra

baggies
16-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm wondering if they aren't counting the 6mo old in that. When I go on Disney website and put in 4 adults, 1 child age 3, and 1 child as infant, in value resort; they give me the family suite. Next to it is other options. One of them is the POR. When I called them and told them they confirmed that I can get a room there. I'm not really certain what the room is. I didn't have a lot of time when I called and it was our very first time working on this trip. I will see what I can find out and let everyone know. As for the villa off-site; we're driving down and I'm the only driver. The busses are the huge denominator in this instance.

arkvilla
16-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm sure that when others log on later they can help you - I know Johnie helps people with their planning so maybe send her a message :-)

I'm sorry I can't help but I know zilch about onsite

Sandra

baggies
16-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I just checked online about the room. It gives me a Waterview room at POR. Has 2 beds. Also has a trundle bed (for the 3yr old), and an option for a pack and play (for the 6mo old). I'm not sure how we'd all fit but Im gonna check all options available.

Suebeattie
16-05-2011, 08:05 PM
:secrets1:
Welcome!! I can't really help you, we have only stayed on site once and that was at the animal kingdom lodge (wonderful hotel!) and there was only 4 adults and we were in 2 rooms.
:wiggle:

uscwest
17-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I just checked online about the room. It gives me a Waterview room at POR. Has 2 beds. Also has a trundle bed (for the 3yr old), and an option for a pack and play (for the 6mo old). I'm not sure how we'd all fit but Im gonna check all options available. Yes that is what they offer in the POR Bayou section. However, it is in NO WAY a suite.

baggies
17-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok, that makes sense then. Has anyone stayed in that type of room? We really would only be using it for showers and sleeping. Would we be better staying at a family suite in All Star? I like some of the features of the POR a lot. Is there any POR advice you can give me?

catrancher
17-05-2011, 12:10 PM
POR is wonderful. It's the favorite resort of my DW and I. However, I really do think that 6 people in one room would be way too crowded.

If you've really got your heart set on POR (which I can understand), what about two connecting rooms? Have you considered that?

Tom (:macwave:... Port Orleans fan since it was Dixie Landings!)

baggies
17-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Ok. Thanks. Its 6 people, but 4 adults, a 3yr old, and a 6mo old. Still too crowded? I'm kinda leaning toward the value suite, but would really love to stay at POR.

uscwest
17-05-2011, 03:16 PM
POR is our favorite moderate resort. From there you have boat transportation to DTD. Additionally you have Piano Bob in the Lounge, I believe Wed-Sun, and can easily get over to POFQ for those delicious New Orleans style beignets.

I've never been in the Bayou rooms but certainly the 3 year old should be able to use the trundle bed with no problems. I believe the regular beds are only double beds though and they are side by side. So not knowing anything about the 4 adults I'm not sure how cozy you want to be. Keep in mind that there would also be only 1 bathroom, although I believe there are two sinks. Also not sure exactly how much room you would have for the Pack and Play.

baggies
17-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Thank you for the info! I'm gonna have to talk to them and see how they wanna do it..

catrancher
17-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I think you'd be really cramped. Even without the kids, just the four adults are going to have issues with the bathroom. Unless you're all really, really close. :rolleyes:

I may be spoiled but I'd think these rooms would be more suited to 2 parents with 2 or maybe 3 kids. You start talking about 4 adults in these rooms and it would be pretty packed.

Tom (:macwave:... needs a degree of space!)

Wendy
17-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Dan and welcome to Secrets :wave:

I can't help much with staying at POR :sorry: but you are very capable hands with Catrancher and uscwest.

baggies
17-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Thank you! Yeah it seems like they have all my answers. This help is invaluable!!!

Wendy
17-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Thank you! Yeah it seems like they have all my answers. This help is invaluable!!!

So glad you think so, we try to help as much as we possibly can :)

WDW Vet
07-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi Dan

Yes it will be a little crowded but I think it will be better than the suites at All Star Music. They are really designed for two adults and for families with more than two kids. Your Mom and sister may not be comfortable in a double pull out. Plus this is the least expensive way for you to go.

You are able to sleep 6 in this room because you have an infant. The trundle bed is fine for a 3 year old and the baby will be in a pak n play. I don't know how long you are staying but you don't have much room in the drawers or for hanging garments. Try to pack as light as you can. Plus if you all have luggage you can ask Disney to store some of your bags for you so you can have a little more room.

DisneyFreak
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
As WDW Vet states above it may be a little scrunched but you will enjoy it more at POR than at a value suite. We have stayed at POR once and loved it and we are used to the Deluxe and Home-away-from-Home resorts. The location of POR is much better as well. Closer to Epcot and DHS and you can take a boat from POR to DTD.