PDA

View Full Version : same time reservations

robertcraig
18-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Disney have stopped allowing dining resevations for same time frame

keith
18-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Disney have stopped allowing dining resevations for same time frame

oh my gosh really?? I'm going to go try....

I knew they'd started saying "this is at the same time as another reservation, cancel one?" but I hadn't realised they'd completely stopped it.

Can't argue with their reasoning though, of course people will now just use different email addresses and things to book them. Won't help when they're linked to a reservation number of course, I guess Disney will be able to detect those reliably

Wendy
18-05-2011, 03:41 PM
It doesn't surprise me, they were stopping you from booking more than one a few years back.

It might mean that they are actually listening to their guests as it's been commonplace for a long time that people can book 3 restaurants for the same time and then only use the one in the park they are in at the time.

Slowhand
18-05-2011, 04:00 PM
If this is true then I reckon it`s a great idea....and about time!

DisneyFreak
18-05-2011, 04:33 PM
This makes sense.

If people continue to find ways around this Disney will be forced to take a credit card number with each reservation and then have a cancellation fee if the reservation is not canceled within a certain time.

This is currently how they handle some of the high end restaurants like California Grille. Don't know if this is a new practice as well but when we booked there earlier this week there is a $25 charge per person if you cancel within 48 hours or don't show up.

uscwest
18-05-2011, 05:05 PM
This is something that they've needed for a long time. Now however, I think they need to go even further and block you from making more than one reservation per time frame. i.e. Only ONE dinner reservation between the time the restaurants open for dinner and the time they close. Or is this the way it is working? If not you could theoretically book something like Cali Grill at 5:00, Narcoossee's at 7:00 and Citrico's at 8:30.

I think the ultimate answer has to be to put a credit card hold on ANY TS restaurant. If you don't show, you pay.

keith
18-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I tried it to see what would happen and yep it seems like they've removed the option to keep both reservations. Wow, a lot of people aren't going to be happy about that!

I think the way it's phrased, they'll get a lot of people making new reservations and not realising that they've cancelled the existing ones

option: Cancel the existing reservation and make requested reservation.

This reservation conflicts with a current reservation and cannot be processed online. You may cancel the existing reservation or close this layer if you do not want to proceed. If you wish to continue with this booking, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) WDW-7933 (939-7933) to complete this reservation.

catrancher
18-05-2011, 06:01 PM
This is great news! :happydance:

But like John says, I think the real answer is to require a CC or Resort ID for bookings. But this is a fabulous start! :thumbsup:

And if some people don't like it? Well... get over it... they're not the only fish in the pond!

Tom (:macwave:... who only eats in one restaurant at a time!)

Wendy
18-05-2011, 06:21 PM
This is great news! :happydance:

But like John says, I think the real answer is to require a CC or Resort ID for bookings. But this is a fabulous start! :thumbsup:

And if some people don't like it? Well... get over it... they're not the only fish in the pond!

:yes: completely agree with you and John.

A credit card hold is the next step forward.

DisneyFreak
18-05-2011, 06:40 PM
A credit card hold is the next step forward.

They are already doing this on some of the high end eateries.

We just booked California Grille a couple of days ago and we had to give our CC. If we were to cancel within 48 hours of the reservation or not show up we would get charged $25 per person. I believe they are also doing this for Flying Fish Cafe among a couple others.

Wendy
18-05-2011, 06:42 PM
:yes: I knew they did it for some, but wasn't sure how many. I think it will make people think twice if they roll it out for everything. Maybe it shouldn't be as much as $25 for all the restaurants, there could be a sliding scale possibly :unsure:

lisaw
18-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Pleased to hear it! :wiggle:

MystikPiglit
19-05-2011, 02:36 PM
This is good news indeed. :yes:
It's a shame that some people would prevent others from booking tables by their thoughlessness.

foreverducky
19-05-2011, 02:50 PM
This is good news.

And I'm totally for a fee if I don't show or don't cancel within a certain period. However, I think a 24 cancel time frame is good enough. For example, I might not know I'm going to feel poorly until the day of the reservation.

Slowhand
19-05-2011, 04:10 PM
This thread is like music to my ears. :thumbsup:
It`s about time that Disney tried to stop those inconsiderate folk who make it difficult for others to secure their ADR`s.

foreverducky
19-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Can I just say that I miss the time when you could just walk to a restaurant and get a reservation. Remember those days?! I miss being able to do that.

Wendy
19-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Can I just say that I miss the time when you could just walk to a restaurant and get a reservation. Remember those days?! I miss being able to do that.

I remember those days :sigh: long before the free dining began :yes:

foreverducky
19-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I remember those days :sigh: long before the free dining began :yes:

Yes, before free dining. I understand the appeal of free dining, but I would much rather have choices available and freedom, than free dining. :thinking:

keith
19-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I remember the first year we were there, we went to EPCOT first.

Walked through the gates and all the characters rushed towards us like some kind of Disney advert. Baloo put his scarf round us and made us dance round like idiots :lol: we walked through the park taking everything in and CMs would say hello.

Eventually we saw le cellier and they practically grabbed us out of the park and seated us. Two of the CMs were saying how wonderful the menu was etc. we happily followed them in and had a truly wonderful time in there. Took as long as we wanted, couldn't have asked for better service.

So very different now. Perhaps it's just me, but I feel they like turning people away now. I'm sure they don't really try and fit people in any more it's just no reservation no go. When we do get in, everything's setup to get us out as fast as possible.

I think they'll need to do more than this to get it back to acceptable in my book but still, it's a start

Wendy
19-05-2011, 09:10 PM
You realise we sound really old :lol: You're going back to the time when Disney was really special. I know it still is special, but it's different to how it used to be :sigh:

uscwest
20-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Keith and Wendy, do you both remember the time that you could walk up to the building behind and to the left of Space Ship Earth and there were video screens you could walk up to and you would book your dining there?

As another little tidbit about how things have changed, my ex and I went to DHS, I think the year it opened (it was then MGM of course). We made dinner reservations, I think for the Brown Derby. However, there was so little there that we had done the whole park twice and it was still early afternoon, so we canceled our reservations.

Slowhand
20-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Keith and Wendy, do you both remember the time that you could walk up to the building behind and to the left of Space Ship Earth and there were video screens you could walk up to and you would book your dining there?

I remember that John, it was an amazing experience talking to a real person via a tv screen at the time.

keith
21-05-2011, 01:13 AM

Oo no I must've missed out on that.

I remember the annual passholder lounge at EPCOT though which was rather cool