PDA

View Full Version : I've been asked to make a Wedding Cake...............

Wendy
18-05-2011, 06:36 PM
.......... for a friend's son and his fiancée who live in Bournemouth. We've been friends since before he was even born and they called him Christopher after Chris :D my Chris was so proud :yes:

I wasn't expecting to be asked as I don't really make many cakes anymore, but I was really honoured when Chris phoned me and said "Auntie Wendy will you make my wedding cake" I blubbed yes and then had the phone taken away from me :lol:

We're going to go and see them in the summer and hopefully she will have some ideas what she wants, after all it's up to us girls to choose isn't it :) I will take up my photos of others I have made so she can see them as well.

I'm already panicking about how I will transport it up there in one piece and said we will have to travel at night if it's warm :lol:

All I've got to hope now is that my hands don't get any worse as making the flowers will be difficult. Once I know the colours and/or if she wants flowers and what type, I might start making them.

I'm really excited :happydance:

mumof2
18-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Ohhhhhh how exciting....It shows how much you're loved doesn't it, Auntie Wendy?! :hug2::hug2:

lisaw
18-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Very exciting! Keep us updated with pics etc :wiggle:

Wendy
18-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I will thank you - I feel old though, I used to hold him as a baby and now he's all grown up! :lol:

arkvilla
18-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Aww, that's lovely Wendy

Photo's as you progress will be good :thumbsup:

Sandra

BevW
18-05-2011, 09:06 PM
You go Wendy!! I've got lots of faith in you that you can do this!! I want pics Girlfriend!!

Britchick
18-05-2011, 09:31 PM
My Mum made my friends wedding cake and all i can remember whilst transporting it several hundred miles was 'mind the cake' lol!

Wendy
19-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Aww, that's lovely Wendy

Photo's as you progress will be good :thumbsup:

Sandra

Thank you Sandra, I will keep you all up to date with the progress :)

You go Wendy!! I've got lots of faith in you that you can do this!! I want pics Girlfriend!!

Awww Bev, thank you :hug2: I'm glad you have :lol:

My Mum made my friends wedding cake and all i can remember whilst transporting it several hundred miles was 'mind the cake' lol!

I know :lol: Chris and I will probably have fallen out by the time we get to Bournemouth :lol:

One of the last wedding cakes I made was in the shape of a church, it was enormous. I had to have a carry board made out of wood so that I could put the cake on there for transportation, it was four tiers of fruit cake piled on top of each other and then a clock tower made out of icing (this was separate though and safely packed with the flowers) it took two of us to carry the thing!!

I was leaning over the backseat telling Chris to slow down, watch the bumps, don't take the corners too fast - by the time we got to Kitley House, he was fed up and it's only about 15 mins away from us :lol: To make matters worse they had their evening reception in a different place so we had to transport it twice :lol: I can laugh now, but it was that cake that stopped me going professional - never again.

I'm hoping this cake will be able to just go in the boxes and then I can make it up at the venue :fingers:

Tink
21-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I love your cakes! So looking forward to hearing all about this one and seeing photos!!

Wendy
21-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I love your cakes! So looking forward to hearing all about this one and seeing photos!!

:hug2: thank you.

I've been looking through my "cake photos" I never realised I'd made so many - I've actually made 5 wedding cakes! and then there's all the birthday cakes and anniversary cakes :lol: