View Full Version : With car hire, what ID do we need?

22-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Last time we took everything but the kitchen sink but we're hoping to cut down to essentials this time

so to hire a car do we need both parts of our UK driving license? photo id and the paper part or just one part?

22-05-2011, 12:50 PM
We tend to take both but I think you can just use your card id license


22-05-2011, 01:27 PM
The car hire sites usually say you need both parts.
We have only been asked the once to privide the paper section so it's an idea to take both.