PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Party

josh.p.
22-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Just had a bit of a quiet family BBQ/Party with a few friends as a 'farewell' sort of thing before I leave for Orlando and I was surprised with this American style cake that I thought you all might like to see;
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=1t2gvc.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=6408442.vB

I leave on TUESDAY!! :mental:

Britchick
22-05-2011, 09:59 PM
That is just fab! Wishing you a safe journey and a wonderful time x:hug2:

Isafari
22-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I bet that was one great party even though it was fairly small. :yes:
The cake is amazing!! I wouldn't have liked to cut into it :lol:

Have an amazing time Josh - you will do a great job and I know you'll love every moment.

Safe journey :hug2:

Esmeralda
22-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Aw that's really cute :D Hope the ash cloud don't get you :(

josh.p.
22-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone :hug2: I'm not worried about the ash cloud :thumbsup: It's only tiny and not likely to cause disruptions.

Wendy
22-05-2011, 11:18 PM
The cake is really, really good Josh :D I love the idea of it.

I'm so glad you had a great time, it must have been a day of mixed emotions :hug1:

Knock 'em dead hun, you'll be brilliant :yes:

Tink
23-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Safe journey!!!! I love the cake. Hope it tasted as nice as it looks!

Shellyamc
23-05-2011, 01:31 AM
How sweet! The cake looks amazing! I always use plain old frosting and it never looks as nice as that :unsure:

Have an amazing time! We can't wait for pictures and stories!! :mental:

mumof2
23-05-2011, 06:36 AM
That's a cool cake Josh! :thumbsup:

Wishing a safe journey and an amazing experience, we'll be waiting for your updates! Have you any plans to meet up with our awesome American friends?

Have a fantastic time hun, make the most of every single moment. :hug2::hug2:

Suebeattie
23-05-2011, 07:02 AM
:clover: :fingers:
GOOD LUCK JOSH!!!!
wishing you all the fun and luck in the world!! Sooo jealous and can't wait to read all about you being a CM :yes:
:wiggle:

lisaw
23-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Fab cake!!

Have an absolutely fantastic time Josh, such an exciting time for you and so many memories in the making, as many updates as you can would be great and I'll keep an eye out for you in August! :hug2:

josh.p.
23-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone :hug2: Feeling tired this morning but couldn't stay in bed, was far too excited. Not sure why as I have a day of ironing and packing ahead of me! :thumbsdown:

uscwest
23-05-2011, 10:35 AM
That looks like a fabulous cake Josh. I can't believe the time is here already. Have a fantastic flight tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in FL.

MystikPiglit
23-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Wow, that is a splendid cake! :yes:

Well, it's nearly time. :mickeybounce:
I hope that you have an amazing adventure. :hug2:

We will all be thinking of you and waiting for all of your news, if you have any spare time to tell us. :D

Safe journey and take good care of yourself. :wave2:

catrancher
23-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Safe journey and best of luck Josh. :yes:

We only have a few simple rules over here:

Be sure to drive on the "correct" side of the road. That would be the right.
Absolutely no colonization. You tried that once before. Remember?
Have a wonderful time.

Hope you have a great time, learn a lot, and by all means, have enough time to be able to come back and visit us here on Secrets!

As Garrison Keillor says at the end of each episode of "The Writers Almanac",

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch!

Tom (:macwave:... we're gonna miss you!)

foreverducky
23-05-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't believe it's time! I hope you have a great time, full of wonderful memories. Enjoy each moment and live in the present. Don't forget your camera. :D

Cake looks fantastic!

josh.p.
23-05-2011, 03:03 PM
:mental: Thanks everyone!! Have ironed all my clothes (I have a ridiculous amount considering I said I was going to buy most of them out there :unsure:) and just waiting for Dad to pack them (he has the 'knack') and then I'm completely and utterly sorted!!! :thud:

mainecoon lover
23-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Have an amazing time Josh.

DisneyFreak
23-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Best of luck to you Josh. Have a great experience.

Maybe we'll see you in June.

Dawn
23-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm completely jealous.

And where do I send my present list. :D

daveann
23-05-2011, 05:31 PM
have a fantastic time cant wait to hear all about it :)
were all so proud of you our very own secrets CM
have an amazing time and stay safe :)

Slowhand
23-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I guess that you`ve left by now Josh. :sorry:
Have a great time and let us know where you finally end up working...I may well pay you a visit in a few weeks time. :yes:

arkvilla
23-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Great cake Josh,

We're at the villa from 23rd Aug - 13th Sept so you are welcome to come and see us if you need some British company, our boys are 19, 17 and 12 so you'll be fine to fit in :yes:

Sandra

josh.p.
23-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone for your goodbye wishes :hug2: If any of you are over in Orlando feel free to say hi! If I'm working we can have a quick chat but if I'm just out-and-about in the parks be sure to come over and say hi!!

I guess that you`ve left by now Josh. :sorry:
Have a great time and let us know where you finally end up working...I may well pay you a visit in a few weeks time. :yes:
I leave in the morning for the airport! :mental: Will let you know where I am working :yes:

foreverducky
23-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I hope you get the position you want!

Tinkfan
24-05-2011, 03:50 AM
:wave:Ooooh, I missed this! Safe trip hun, and keep us all posted!

mumof2
24-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Josh....The Big Day has arrived!

bye bye, safe trip, have loads of fun and keep in touch! :wave::wiggle:

uscwest
24-05-2011, 10:47 AM
The big day is finally here Josh. Have a safe and enjoyable flight.

tb2830
24-05-2011, 08:04 PM
oh no ive missed you :thumbsdown:

anyway josh i hope you have the most amazing trip ever :hug2:

xx

robertcraig
24-05-2011, 11:39 PM
aLL The best JOSH like the cake

Claire
25-05-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm late again as usual! Have a blast Josh. Looking forward to getting all the insider gossip!

Esmeralda
25-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Is he there yet? is he there yet, is he there yet? :wave:

Lisa1976
25-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Oh no, I missed him. I only got back from DLP late last night!!

Hope you had a good journey, enjoy yourself Josh and look forward to all the reports while you're there! :thumbsup:

uscwest
25-05-2011, 10:09 AM
He posted on FB that he had arrived.

Kate
25-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh nooooo, i missed you leaving!!! Hope you have a wonderful time Josh, look forward to hearing all about it!

josh.p.
25-05-2011, 01:15 PM
:mental: I'm here! I'm here!!! Just made my connecting flight with minutes to spare but I'm HERE!!! I'm in an apt with five other English lads, all but one are from my uni too. Small world! Our apartment is huge and right opposite the pool and the laundry room is next door too. Well placed for walgreens, starbucks and stuff too as it's just around the corner. We're not far from the 'Buenaventura vista suites' if anyone wants an idea of where the apartments are as I literally have no idea where they are located :')

foreverducky
25-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Welcome back to the US! I'm anxious to hear about where you will be working. :yes:

daveann
25-05-2011, 01:27 PM
:pyramid: yay your there :) please keep in touch and have the best time ever :)

catrancher
25-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the US Josh!

Now... why aren't you in school young man? :toetap:

CM school that is! :D

Tom (:macwave:... have a brilliant time! I assume you've got wireless?)

Esmeralda
25-05-2011, 02:57 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
:wreath::snowangelmickeygif::partytime:

Esmeralda
25-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow those smilies are huge! What the hell happened there then? LOL!

mumof2
25-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Wow those smilies are huge! What the hell happened there then? LOL!

:point: aren't they?!!

Dawn
25-05-2011, 04:06 PM
:maleficent::dumbobounce::mickeybounce::stitch::fi gment::ghostie::goofy::cheshire::dalebounce::poohb ounce::jack2::madhatter_bounce::donaldbounce:

josh.p.
25-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the US Josh!

Now... why aren't you in school young man? :toetap:

CM school that is! :D

Tom (:macwave:... have a brilliant time! I assume you've got wireless?)
:yes: :happybounce:The first thing we bought (before toilet roll and bedding) was a wireless router, we all chipped in $7 so was really cheap :yes: Just waiting for my dinner to cook and then heading to the pool before housing orientation over at another apartment complex :yes: This morning we got our IDs and because my eyes are still dry from flying I look like a drug abuser :rotfl:

catrancher
25-05-2011, 04:43 PM
because my eyes are still dry from flying I look like a drug abuser :rotfl:

Don't worry. With the humidity down there, you'll get over that quickly enough! :sweat:

Tom (:macwave:.. hotter than... :devillaugh:)

Wendy
25-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm really glad you are settling in :hug2:

:happybounce: you've got your id :happybounce: does it seem real yet :D

daveann
25-05-2011, 05:22 PM
when do you start :)

Kate
25-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Eeeeeek, im really excited for you Josh!!! You're really there now, after all that waiting!! :mental:

Esmeralda
25-05-2011, 07:37 PM
You think you're hot now..... snickers.... wait until you get the Sully outfit on ;)

mumof2
25-05-2011, 09:51 PM
You think you're hot now..... snickers.... wait until you get the Sully outfit on ;)

THAT I would like to see! :yes:

P.S. I love Sully!

Wendy
26-05-2011, 09:21 AM
THAT I would like to see! :yes:

P.S. I love Sully!

:lol: If he had to wear the Buzz outfit he wouldn't care how hot he was :D

josh.p.
26-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Went to Downtown Disney last night an had dinner at the house of blues (Making use of our CM 20% off :wink:) Were going back there on Sunday night to the nightclub. Walmart trip today was much more sensible and we got food to last us a week or so. They do a lot more veggie food than I thought.. I HAD to buy the vegetarian riblets to see what they were like :rotfl:

mumof2
26-05-2011, 06:55 PM
:lol: If he had to wear the Buzz outfit he wouldn't care how hot he was :D

:point: He'd LOVE it!

Went to Downtown Disney last night an had dinner at the house of blues (Making use of our CM 20% off :wink:) Were going back there on Sunday night to the nightclub. Walmart trip today was much more sensible and we got food to last us a week or so. They do a lot more veggie food than I thought.. I HAD to buy the vegetarian riblets to see what they were like :rotfl:

so you won't have to eat those baked beans EVERY day then Josh?! :tongue:

Shellyamc
26-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Yay!! We started to get updates!! :mental:

You will be totally sick of us by the time this journey is over.. :lol:

foreverducky
26-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Do you have your assignment/post yet?

20% that's a good deal. :yes:

uscwest
27-05-2011, 10:18 AM
20% off sounds great. Is that at all Disney dining places? Vegetarian Riblets?? first time I have ever heard of them. How were they?

MystikPiglit
27-05-2011, 01:41 PM
:wave:Ooh, updates already. :applaudit: :mickeybounce:

Maybe you could have a 'stickied' thread about your experience? We'd love to follow it. :yes:

josh.p.
28-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi Guys! :wave:

Had traditions training today where I got my official Disney ID (My previous ID was just my housing one) so I can enter the parks for FREE! :mental: Learnt some really cool things about Disney. Tomorrow I have my park orientation at Hollywood studios... not looking forward to walking about it in business attire :thud: However I do find out my exact work location & go on a few rides (whilst getting paid!) :wiggle: We went to MK after traditions to watch Wishes and also go on some rides. Got hit by a HUGE rainstorm but we used the opportunity to go on space mountain and by the time we were finished the park was practically empty! Got on HM, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear and POTC, none of which had any noticeable queues! The longest we queued for was thunder mountain which was only about 10 minutes tops! :mental:

mumof2
28-05-2011, 08:09 AM
OMG Josh...free entry to the parks?!!!

How exciting, can you believe this is REAL?! :unsure: :worship::wiggle::yes:

Lisa1976
28-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Sounds like your having a fab time already, and have settled in well.

Free park entry, jealous :yes:

Tink
28-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I love your excitement and enthusiasm! I feel very sorry for you having to wear business attire in this heat. :hug2: I see those little groups all the time and wonder what on earth is Disney trying to do, make new people pass out from heat stroke?! :eek:

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

josh.p.
28-05-2011, 08:26 PM
:mental: I'm working on Disney Junior and also Voyage of the Little Mermaid (We switch between the two) I'm so pleased to get to work with all the little kids but watching Little Mermaid day-in-day-out is going to drive me made :yes:

catrancher
28-05-2011, 08:39 PM
:mental: I'm working on Disney Junior and also Voyage of the Little Mermaid (We switch between the two) I'm so pleased to get to work with all the little kids but watching Little Mermaid day-in-day-out is going to drive me made :yes:

Too cool Josh! :thumbsup:

I don't know why you'd think the Voyage of the Little Mermaid would drive you batty. I could listen to the music of Alan Menken all day long!

Course I'm a big fan of that movie's music. Especially since the real Ariel lives just around the corner from us.

Look at it this way. Could have been lots worse. Could have been It's a Small World!

Tom (:macwave:... under the sea!)

foreverducky
28-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't now what Disney Junior is. :unsure:

But I love Voyage. Please yell at those who take flash photos! :yes:

Kate
29-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Disney Junior is what used to be the Playhouse Disney bit FD, its almost sort of opposite the Little Mermaid :yes:

Has it sunk in that you are actually going to be living and working there Josh or do you still kind of feel like you are on holiday? How long will you be on those 2 attractions for?

foreverducky
29-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Disney Junior is what used to be the Playhouse Disney bit FD, its almost sort of opposite the Little Mermaid :yes:

Ahhh, gotcha. I have heard of the Playhouse.

Tinkfan
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Josh? Oh Josh? Update when you have time! Is it what you thought it would be?

Esmeralda
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Guys! :wave:

Had traditions training today where I got my official Disney ID (My previous ID was just my housing one) so I can enter the parks for FREE! :mental: Learnt some really cool things about Disney. Tomorrow I have my park orientation at Hollywood studios... not looking forward to walking about it in business attire :thud: However I do find out my exact work location & go on a few rides (whilst getting paid!) :wiggle: We went to MK after traditions to watch Wishes and also go on some rides. Got hit by a HUGE rainstorm but we used the opportunity to go on space mountain and by the time we were finished the park was practically empty! Got on HM, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear and POTC, none of which had any noticeable queues! The longest we queued for was thunder mountain which was only about 10 minutes tops! :mental:

Oh no :( don't you get a special entrance to use like the stars do? I just thought you would as a perk.

josh.p.
02-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Hi guys! Had a super busy few days. I've been doing my training and even got to see 'backstage' at the Little Mermaid to see the control tower! I have a spiel and get to pick a 'first mate' of every show that I do the pre-show loading for... it's amazing! :thumbsup: We pick a little boy or a little girl out of the audience and get them to say 'Welcome to the little mermaid!' as part of our spiel (scripted piece of safety information basically) as well as giving them a certificate signed by Ariel and Prince Eric!

The kids get SO excited it makes my day :yes: I LOVE MY LOCATION! I was hoping for a 'big' ride but everyone I've spoken to on HM/ToT/Toystory Mania don't like it! The queue is mad busy and they have no time to interact with guests individually... in my location I can talk to some of the kids, the parents, interact with them etc. A lot of people on the program want to change their location but I am so happy with mine! :thumbsup: Tomorrow I have to do every 'rotation' on my own with my trainer watching from a far and then the day after that I'm assessed!

daveann
02-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the updates sounds like your having an amazing time :yes:
Does it all seem real now :)

Disneybumble
02-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Have caught up with it all Josh. I am sloop thrilled for you. I bet you do love the interaction. Your pictures and posts about Niamh show how good you are with little ones. You must get Niamh a certificate.
Anyways enjoy and can I subscribe to your blog. Xx

catrancher
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
How perfectly cool is that Josh! :thumbsup:

I'm so pleased for you. That sounds like an unbelievable time! The little ones are so much fun.

Keep the updates coming! Take copious notes. Maybe you could write a book about the experience when you get back.

Tom (:macwave:... just saying... you know?)

MystikPiglit
02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
The kids get SO excited it makes my day :yes: I LOVE MY LOCATION! in my location I can talk to some of the kids, the parents, interact with them etc.

How marvellous. :yes:
Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

SleepinCatz
04-06-2011, 06:14 PM
:hug2: How much fun is this lol. Josh it sounds as thought this has truly turned out to be a dream come true for you :) Fantastic!

uscwest
04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been out of the loop Josh, but it sounds like all is going well and you are enjoying it.

foreverducky
05-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I'm sure you are crazy busy! Sounds like so much fun!:yes: You are wearing your sunscreen, right?!

gwennie81
26-06-2011, 07:57 AM
I loved the Little Mermaid show! Glad you enjoy your station. Keep your eyes open! I may just play hooky from work and pop in one of these days!

Isafari
26-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen the Little Mermaid show.........yet :D

josh.p.
26-06-2011, 03:51 PM
You HAVE to see it! I don't like the film and I actually enjoy the show!

Kate
26-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I haven't seen the Little Mermaid show.........yet :D

Aw its lovely! Only downside is its not very long

josh.p.
26-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Aw its lovely! Only downside is its not very long
Everyone always says it's too short :yes: I agree to some extent, but it's 17 minutes which is considerably longer than most attractions and generally not that long of a wait either :thumbsup: It's good to get out of the heat and the lasers etc are cool to see.

Kate
26-06-2011, 05:35 PM
17 minutes isnt long enough when you are in there, but its plenty long enough when you are waiting to get in there!

josh.p.
26-06-2011, 06:32 PM
17 minutes isnt long enough when you are in there, but its plenty long enough when you are waiting to get in there!
:rotfl: There's usually a 25/35 minute pause between shows. If it's a slow day you can come back and get in line about 5 minutes before and still get in :thumbsup:

Isafari
27-06-2011, 05:38 AM
You HAVE to see it! I don't like the film and I actually enjoy the show!

I always assumed it was a show for toddlers.

catrancher
27-06-2011, 12:51 PM
I always assumed it was a show for toddlers.

So did we Issy! Many, many years ago. We finally decided to give it a go and now it's one of our absolute favorite must do attractions!

Ranks right up there with the Beauty and the Beast show for us. :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... under the sea! :fishbowl:)