PDA

View Full Version : Totally missing Orlando :(

keith
05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
It feels like about 20 years since we were last there and about 20 years until our next planned trip.

Anyone else ever feel like that?

I think it was because we had such a great time but I can't believe it was only this month!

REALLY missing the completely wonderful amazing villa, the great dodge charger car we hired, completely amazing bourbon steak at the columbia restaurant. Sigh. We really need a teleportation device so we can just whiz over there for the evening.

catrancher
05-27-2011, 11:31 AM
It feels like about 20 years since we were last there and about 20 years until our next planned trip.

Anyone else ever feel like that?

I think it was because we had such a great time but I can't believe it was only this month!

REALLY missing the completely wonderful amazing villa, the great dodge charger car we hired, completely amazing bourbon steak at the columbia restaurant. Sigh. We really need a teleportation device so we can just whiz over there for the evening.

It always feels that way.

It's really kind of weird because, at least for me, by the end of the holiday, I can't wait to get home. But as soon as I do, I miss being there (wherever "there" was). But at the same time, I'm ready to go again!

I guess I'm just seriously conflicted. Or weird... :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... here... there... and everywhere...)

uscwest
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Back in the day (ROTFLMAO) Donna and I used to make 2-4 trips/year. Now we are lucky to make one, mostly because of air fares, luggage fees, rental car rates and the cost of driving ourselves. :sorry:

lozzy
05-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Couldn't agree more, we are all missing Florida at the moment and I think what is making it worse is we don't know when we will return, we have looked at going next august for two weeks but it's nearly 5000, plus spending money.
We normal go out there in school term time but eldest son is doing GCSE's next year so we have to go in the school holidays.

Wendy
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
:hug2: I know exactly how you feel Keith.

Last year we had one of the best holidays we've ever had and both of us loved every second of it. Chris is normally "ready to come home" towards the end, but even he didn't want to go home :sigh:

We moped round on our last full day, but we went out for a wonderful meal that night and everything was perfect. When it was time to go back to the villa, I just didn't want the night to end and it's the first time for a long time that I actually cried because I just didn't want to go home :(

I've been counting down the days until we go and honestly not a day goes by when I don't think about last year in some way or another.

So, if you can make that teleportation thingy it would be just perfect :D

I'll have a bourbon steak for you - I'll even send you a picture if you like :whistle:

daveann
05-27-2011, 01:22 PM
i so need to be teleported then i wouldnt have to fly :sorry:
its a year since we were there and i said i wouldnt go again by plane but i so want to go we cant go this year as we have booked holidays but i miss mickey so much would give anything to watch wishes with dave right now :unsure:

uscwest
05-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Beam me up Scotty. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

mumof2
05-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Keith you're a clever man, can't you invent a teleportation device we could all use? I'd go shares on the costs!

:hug2::hug2:

Wendy
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Keith you're a clever man, can't you invent a teleportation device we could all use? I'd go shares on the costs!

:yes: me too :hug2:

keith
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I'll have a bourbon steak for you - I'll even send you a picture if you like :whistle:

:taunt:

anyway yes please, a text will be good, and say hello to Mario if he's serving on that night :yes:

keith
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Beam me up Scotty. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

it truly truly would :yes:

keith
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM

Well I'll need someone to be first through it, yah know, as a test :tongue:

Wendy
05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
:taunt:

anyway yes please, a text will be good, and say hello to Mario if he's serving on that night :yes:

:lol: Okey dokey :D

So is Mario the Columbia Restaurant's equivilent to Ricardo at YSH?

I wonder if Terry knows him :unsure: he has a waiter in every restaurant :wink: :hide:

keith
05-27-2011, 02:07 PM
:lol: Okey dokey :D

So is Mario the Columbia Restaurant's equivilent to Ricardo at YSH?

Well he was really good with us and indeed the next time we went in he spotted us, came over etc. Really nice chap

I wonder if Terry knows him :unsure: he has a waiter in every restaurant :wink: :hide:

oh of that I have NO doubt :lol:

Britchick
05-27-2011, 02:07 PM
if you didn't feel this way it wouldn't be as special. Imagine if you didn't have that yearning.............:unsure:

if i can find a way of getting a US sim for my iphone at a reasonable rate for data for when we're over i'd post loads of pics!

keith
05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
if you didn't feel this way it wouldn't be as special. Imagine if you didn't have that yearning.............:unsure:

I'm not usually quite as bad. I'm like Tom, I feel ready to come home at the end and I'm ok for a while by which time, the next visit is round the corner. This one though with the villa and the car was just such a different experience. Really didn't want to come home

if i can find a way of getting a US sim for my iphone at a reasonable rate for data for when we're over i'd post loads of pics!

That would be awesome :D

DisneyFreak
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Hasn't JK Rowling put out a how to manual yet for aparating? :exit:

I remember one year growing up, I think I was in my late teens at the time, I had a dream a day or two before our by-annual two week trip to WDW. My dream was that I slept through the entire two weeks and missed everything. I actually woke up sweating and short of breathe....it was terrifying!!! :sorry:

keith
05-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Hasn't JK Rowling put out a how to manual yet for aparating? :exit:

hmmm but with aparating there's always the danger of splinching :thumbsdown:

Britchick
05-27-2011, 02:48 PM
i don't like the thought of splinching..!!

arkvilla
05-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm not usually quite as bad. I'm like Tom, I feel ready to come home at the end and I'm ok for a while by which time, the next visit is round the corner. This one though with the villa and the car was just such a different experience. Really didn't want to come home

We feel like this every time Keith, imagine having a house that you love have to leave each time - IT'S REALLY HARD :thumbsdown:

Sandra

Wendy
05-27-2011, 03:04 PM
We feel like this every time Keith, imagine having a house that you love have to leave each time - IT'S REALLY HARD :thumbsdown:

Sandra

Do you think you would ever move out there completely Sandra?

DisneyFreak
05-27-2011, 03:24 PM
hmmm but with aparating there's always the danger of splinching :thumbsdown:

Are you saying you've got Death Eaters coming after you? :unsure:

I would say it would still be better than dealing with the airlines and airport.

Shellyamc
05-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes!! It has been 6 years since we have been to WDW and it got harder and harder every day. Now that we have a trip planned it seems like time is standing still. We are also trying to make sure nothing comes up to get in the way of this trip..I don't think we could take it! :unsure:

Counting down the minutes..

ukwdwnut
05-27-2011, 05:05 PM
i feel like it every time i go i hate coming home every time we go. its worse when you cant go every year :(

arkvilla
05-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Do you think you would ever move out there completely Sandra?

It's extremely hard to get a visa Wendy - neigh on impossible really, so no I don't think so and in all honesty, I think I would eventually miss more about here than I do about there ( I hope that makes sense :unsure: ) iyswim

Sandra

Kate
05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Know exactly how you feel Keith, happens to us every trip :( This time though it feels worse because i dont know when we will be able to afford to go back - no doubt we will, but it will be years and years and years until we can, rather than the 2yr wait we usually have and thats bad enough.
Im trying to think of how lucky we have been to be able to go 4 times now, its not helping much though! :lol:

You have to come back though so that you can go again! :yes:

lisaw
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Always feel like that, I never get fed up when I am there and never feel a draw to come home, one day I would like to test how long i could spend there before I felt I needed to come home! :lol:

mumof2
05-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes!! It has been 6 years since we have been to WDW and it got harder and harder every day. Now that we have a trip planned it seems like time is standing still. We are also trying to make sure nothing comes up to get in the way of this trip..I don't think we could take it! :unsure:

Counting down the minutes..

6 years in June since we went too, with no sign of a return visit :sigh:

Prior to that we hadn't been since '93!

Shellyamc
05-28-2011, 02:23 AM
6 years in June since we went too, with no sign of a return visit :sigh:

Prior to that we hadn't been since '93!

Awww :( That does stink. I guess I should mention that the reason we had to put off our trips was I kept having babies :yes: I guess that made it easier. I wish we could take you with us :hug2:

Tink
05-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm so pleased for you that you had such a lovely time! Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy yourself even MORE the next time you are here (in what? six months)? :D

mumof2
05-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Awww :( That does stink. I guess I should mention that the reason we had to put off our trips was I kept having babies :yes: I guess that made it easier. I wish we could take you with us :hug2:

:lol: yeah, babies are the reason we didn't go back for such a long time...they drained our finances big time! :surrender:

Aww Shelly, I wish you could take me with you too! :tongue: :hug2:

keith
05-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm so pleased for you that you had such a lovely time! Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy yourself even MORE the next time you are here (in what? six months)? :D

but that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long :lol:

Kate
05-28-2011, 10:54 AM

:slap: stop moaning and get planning!!

:hug2:

keith
05-28-2011, 10:56 AM

:hug2:

you make a good point :D I guess I could but I'll need LOADS of help this time because
1) three weeks and we've never been out there that long
2) we'll definitely be hiring a car!
3) it's over christmas/new year

mumof2
05-28-2011, 10:56 AM

pah!

Try waiting almost 13 years, *that's* soooooooo long! :happybounce:

Kate
05-28-2011, 11:20 AM
we've been for three weeks!! it was a bit trickier with tickets though going for 3 weeks so we bought a disney pass that covered the one week and we did the other parks (US, IOA, BG etc) for the other 2 weeks as the flextickets we had only lasts for 14 days so didnt want to activate them too early.
always go over the thanksgiving/christmas period too, its so lovely at that time of year :yes:

Tinkfan
05-28-2011, 08:50 PM
:wave: I REALLY miss it, I'm even considering going in August when the weather must be miserable with the heat. Anyone been that time of year? How do you cope? I'll go in on that device as well, I hate to fly.:sorry:

Johnie
05-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm missing it too. It's really bad since this past trip was so bad :-(

Britchick
05-29-2011, 08:36 AM
:wave: I REALLY miss it, I'm even considering going in August when the weather must be miserable with the heat. Anyone been that time of year? How do you cope? I'll go in on that device as well, I hate to fly.:sorry:

This will be our second time in August, it is hot but not as busy as June July. My tip is to make sure you drink a lot of fluids, water and a couple of powerades a day, replaces your salts lost through sweating. I know they're full of sugar but needs must. I always take breaks too in the afternoon.

mainecoon lover
05-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes me. Hubby agreed to take me away in USA for a long weekend and I just could not make my mind up as I just wanted to be in Orlando. Once we booked the villa for a year today :yes: I made my mind up on Boston. Looking forward to both and willing July when we can book flights and hope for a good price.

keith
05-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I've never been to Boston but I'd love to :yes:

Tinkfan
05-29-2011, 03:09 PM
You must go, it's a beautiful historic town, a bit pricey though. We usually stay at the Harbor Front Doubletree Suites. Alot less pricey, very nice and they provide transport into the city!!:yes:

Isafari
05-30-2011, 10:59 AM

:lol: like your style

you make a good point :D I guess I could but I'll need LOADS of help this time because

Three weeks - Heaven. It's not as though there aren't enough things to do eh. You'll never want to come back home.
Christmas/NY is amazing in my eyes and we have done this for the past 9 years

We tried August for the first time last year and I admit to being a little hesitant about going after reading all of the posts about the heat......we loved it and are going back this August. As long as you are sensible, you'll be fine.

Wendy
05-30-2011, 02:09 PM

We always go for 3 weeks and we will have some more favourites this year, so I'll let you have them which will help with things to do :D

Well your sorted then, there will be loads to do :yes:

Mixed feelings after doing it once before, but if you think it's good this year then we might try again in a couple of years :D

mainecoon lover
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Boston is beautiful and very laid back. We enjoyed just taking everything in and not in a hurry last year. Hoping to go to Salem this year.