PDA

View Full Version : Is Alamo car hire ok?

buzzchamp
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
We've always used dollar in the past because the pricing was the best, but alamo is coming out quite well for the next trip, anyone used them?

robertcraig
05-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I usualy use dollar but have used alamo in the past and found them to be fine

Slowhand
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
We used to use Alamo all the time before we decided to book our car hire through CarHire3000 who tend to use Dollar.
Even though at the time Alamo didn`t have a pick up point at Orlando Airport which entailed a shuttle bus to their depot further along the 528, we never had a problem with them, and nowadays they do operate from the airport.
I reckon that all of the big names in car rental are pretty much of a muchness.

arkvilla
05-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I'd agree with Slowhand, they are pretty much all the same as each other

Sandra

WDW Vet
05-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Alamo serves as the official rental car of Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort and DisneylandŽ Resort. They have a facility on site at Car Car Central which is great. One morning I had a meeting with the general manager of Disney's Beach Club and I walked out to my car to find a flat tire. I had 15 minutes to get to my meeting and I was wearing a suit. So I called Alamo and in less than 10 minutes they showed up and gave me a new car right on the spot.

uscwest
06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I use their sister company National almost exclusively and am quite pleased with them. ( I believe you Brits use the term chuffed).