PDA

View Full Version : any camera shops near Disney

buzzchamp
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Are there any good camera shops near Disney?

I know I can probably find a large electronics shop, but what about special camera stores? I saw a ton on that long international plaza place last time?

Wendy
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
There is a very good camera store called Colonial Photo and Hobby, but it's in a not very nice part of Orlando. Their address is 634 North Mills Avenue, Orlando, FL 32803.

It is well worth a visit as they are really good,that's if you don't mind driving out of the tourist areas.

If you don't drive, it might be worth getting a cab and then asking them to come back for you. We drove ourselves but I think Keith got a cab there once :unsure:

There are also some Ritz Camera shops but they aren's as good as they are in other parts of the US.

uscwest
06-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Wendy, I think most of Ritz has gone belly up.

Wendy
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Wendy, I think most of Ritz has gone belly up.

Have they :unsure: can't say I'm surprised.

I think we saw one in the Florida Mall last year but it was worse than useless nothing at all like they used to be.

keith
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I did get a cab to colonial which was annoying as the price they promised me wasn't held to when I got there and so, with the price of the cab, came to more than if I'd just gone to best buy :(

They're very passionate about photography, the shop itself is a positive goldmine and wonderful to wander through.

Our cab driver insisted on walking us to and from the shop since he said it was a positively awful part of town and when they gave us a bag, they made sure it didnt have anything on it to say it was from a camera store.

Would I go out of my way to go there? hmmmmm. If they had a rare item that bestbuy didnt have, or perhaps for a look around yep, but don't expect any bargains from them IMHO.

oh ritz... yeah I think theyve been having financial troubles and indeed Canon stopped selling them stuff on credit. So the stock they have now is canonless and even the nikon and other makes arent held in high stock levels :( so ritz is if not useless, next to useless.