PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on phones

foreverducky
06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
In the next month or so I qualify to upgrade my phone. I would like a new one. I'm with verizon if that makes a difference.

Can anyone recommend a good smart phone?

catrancher
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Can anyone recommend a good smart phone?

iPhone... :exit:

Tom (:macwave:... even more so now!)

keith
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
iphone
windows phone 7
android

in that order

foreverducky
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
You know, people do make other phones besides the iphone. :yes:

keith
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM

yep like windows phones and android :)

....but iphone is ahead of them all at this point in time :yes:

catrancher
06-06-2011, 06:53 PM

They do? :unsure:

That's a surprise. :shocked:

Tom (:macwave:... like I'd notice?)

Wendy
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM

:yes: I'm with you on this one :)

keith
06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
:yes: I'm with you on this one :)

oi missus! have you properly TRIED an iphone? :D

I bet you'd love it

Wendy
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
oi missus! have you properly TRIED an iphone? :D

I bet you'd love it

Nope, you know I haven't :taunt: but I need to have a phone that is unlocked and I can swap the sim cards over and Apple won't unlock them :shrug:

keith
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Nope, you know I haven't :taunt: but I need to have a phone that is unlocked and I can swap the sim cards over and Apple won't unlock them :shrug:

They come unlocked from apple :) o2 and the others now unlock for free

next obstacle? :D

foreverducky
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Is there a specific windows phone that is leading the pack?

And I know this is an odd question, but with my droid Eris my google email just pops up. Will that happen with a windows or iphone?

keith
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Is there a specific windows phone that is leading the pack?

Most would say either an htc hd7 or probably better the samsung omnia

There'll be new ones out in a few months with the new software release (mango) but theyre very very very very very good!

And I know this is an odd question, but with my droid Eris my google email just pops up. Will that happen with a windows or iphone?

yep it'll happen exactly the same with any windows phone or any iphone

Wendy
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM
They come unlocked from apple :) o2 and the others now unlock for free

next obstacle? :D

To get one unlocked from Apple I have to pay a fortune for it.

Chris tried, Vodafone and 3 and they won't unlock them until the phone is out of it's contract. AND the sim is smaller :D

foreverducky
06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking about going towards a windows phone. Anything that I should know or be aware of?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Wendy
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking about going towards a windows phone. Anything that I should know or be aware of?

Thanks for the suggestions!

I like the look of the Windows phone and Keith has one and he likes it :D

keith
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I like the look of the Windows phone and Keith has one and he likes it :D

I have several yes :lol: and it's better than the iphone in several ways! There arent as many apps and tonights ios5 announcement has moved the iphone forward again, but the windows phone is brilliant nothing less.

BUTTERHEAD1
07-06-2011, 01:51 AM
We have three smartphones in my house I have the HTC Incredible and have had it about a year now and I love it. My wife has the IPHONE and she loves her phone. My son has the Droid X.Each one of us thinks our phone is the best. I love what HTC is doing with the phones. I will definitely stick with HTC when I am ready for an upgrade.

katycoco
07-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I love my HTC desire. and i wouldnt change it to an iphone, andriod market is great for apps

Kate :thumbsup:

DisneyFreak
07-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I am loyal to my Blackberry. The wife's and my yahoo e-mail pops up right on the main screen. I also have Facebook and the Disney Park moblie site easily available on the main screen.

ukwdwnut
08-06-2011, 09:47 AM
i never thought id like an iphone, but im really glad i got it as my upgrade. i luv it its everything you need in a phone :D

keith
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM
wait till you get ios5... really enjoying it :yes:

Wendy
08-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Chris was saying that the new iphone 5 is going to have an integrated sim, a bit like the US cells used to have :unsure:

I know the same rumour was being bandied around about the 4, but surely it will be a step backwards :shrug:

keith
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Chris was saying that the new iphone 5 is going to have an integrated sim, a bit like the US cells used to have :unsure:

I know the same rumour was being bandied around about the 4, but surely it will be a step backwards :shrug:

Well according to all reports they've decided not to go forward with that so shouldnt be an issue :yes:

ukwdwnut
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
wait till you get ios5... really enjoying it :yes:

Really!!! when is it being released keith?

Wendy
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
The beta version was released on the 6th June Mick. It's supposed to be available later this year.

There's some info about it here (http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/features.html)

DisneyFreak
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Let's be honest here. These are no longer phones. They are personal pocket computers that have a calling feature. :twomorecents:

foreverducky
08-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Let's be honest here. These are no longer phones. They are personal pocket computers that have a calling feature. :twomorecents:

:lol: So true, so true!

My current phone is the first I've had with a touch screen, as I was setting it up the phone said push 3 to confirm, or something like that. I couldn't find the numbers and got disconnected. :yes: