PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear on the plane?

disney1sttimer
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
What do you all wear on the plane?

Does anyone care about dressing nicely or just for comfort?

uscwest
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Comfort

foreverducky
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Comfort all the way. I tend to wear jeans or shorts, and a t-shirt. Comfortable shoes.

Wendy
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM
We dress smart casual and comfortable :)

DH wears chinos, which are elasticated at the back, a short sleeved shirt and soft leather shoes. I normally wear a skirt, smart t shirt with cardi or an overshirt and sandals - much the same as we wear most of the time anyway :lol:

You don't see many people over dressed on the flight even when you see the first class passengers :lol:

I think you should just wear what you feel happy wearing, I wouldn't be happy or comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt and neither would DH, but others would be :thumbsup:

uscwest
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Jeans, to me, are too uncomfortable on a plane. And I don't dress up if I happen to be flying UC/First Class.

Kate
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I wear stretchy leggings/jogging bottom type trousers with a loose vest top and a lovely comfy cosy fleecy jacket! I get a really bad bloated stomach on planes even when i take tablets so i like my clothes to be baggy and cosy, it makes me feel a bit better! What a lovely picture ive painted of myself! :lol:

chief
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
its what to wear on my feet that is my problem:unsure: i love to wear fit flops but then i cant wear my flight socks lol, so i had trainers on last time and i didnt like the fact that i just could slip them on and off easily:unsure:

Kate
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
You can buy backless trainers, just slip them on and off like slippers :yes:

robertcraig
10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I go for comfort short sleeved shirt rather than t shirt and trainers with velcro fasteners. I have seen people with the suit and tie

chief
10-06-2011, 06:14 PM
You can buy backless trainers, just slip them on and off like slippers :yes:
what a good idea thankyou kate:hug2:

Esmeralda
10-06-2011, 06:27 PM
What do you all wear on the plane?

Clothes usually. :unsure:

Johnie
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I dress for comfort and I wear shoes that I can slip off.

I tend to be a bit macabre and think about crashes and emergency landings. I wouldn't let those women in high heels on my emergency slide

Britchick
10-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Lol Johnie, I usually go for linen wide leg trousers because they're light and comfortable and look quite smart with a nice tshirt and snuggly fleece jacket :yes:

Slowhand
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
You don't see many people over dressed on the flight even when you see the first class passengers :lol:

I guess that I`d better start leaving my tuxedo at home when we next fly then. :lol:

DisneyFreak
12-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Clothes usually. :unsure:

If people started flying naked the screening process would go alot faster. :shrug1:

Isafari
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
casual and comfy - t/shirt and trousers (usually combats with lots of pockets)
Take my shoes off once I've settled - but always put them back on to go to the little girls room.

robertcraig
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
If people started flying naked the screening process would go alot faster. :shrug1:
Maybe after nudist beaches the next thing is nudist flights

Tinkfan
13-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe after nudist beaches the next thing is nudist flights

:eek: :holysheep::blech:

Suebeattie
14-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I usually wear jogging bottoms and either a t shirt or long sleeve top (that air con can get a bit chilly). On my feet I usually go for trainers, I take them off as soon as I can and put on the free pair of socks the airline give over the top of myusual socks, that way I don't need to worry about putting my shoes on and off again.
:wiggle:

chief
19-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I usually wear jogging bottoms and either a t shirt or long sleeve top (that air con can get a bit chilly). On my feet I usually go for trainers, I take them off as soon as I can and put on the free pair of socks the airline give over the top of myusual socks, that way I don't need to worry about putting my shoes on and off again.
:wiggle:

what a good idea:wiggle::wiggle:

arkvilla
19-07-2011, 08:22 PM
:point: My tiara tends to slip with the turbulance so I now leave it at home....

Seriously, I wear either jeans and a t shirt or khaki's and I always take my shoes off as soon as I'm onboard and put on the socks. My feet always swell on the flight.

Sandra

ukwdwnut
20-07-2011, 10:09 AM
seeing as we have only been in october, when we leave its pretty cold or wet so i wear jogs, trainers and a sweatshirt but take that off when onboard. then when we get to the other end i change into shorts