PDA

View Full Version : DVC - pitch seminar

gwennie81
26-06-2011, 07:30 AM
So...DVC finally sent me a postcard in the mail regarding buying into the Vacation Club. Do you think I should sign up for a seminar, or do you think it's worth it? Hmmmm....I'm so torn!!!

Tink
26-06-2011, 09:45 AM
If you want to learn about DVC then sign up. :yes: It's not at all a hard ball pitch. They explain the program to you, give you a tour, and sometimes a little giftie (and sometimes not) and off you go. Can be a fun way to spend a few hours.

keith
26-06-2011, 11:26 AM
We've done it a couple of times and it's really fine. Not at all a hard sell and at the end, they normally give you a gift and take you wherever you want to go :)

We've also done a couple of other ones off-disney but from reputable places and wow, talk about hard sell :lol: Very lucky that I'm used to business negotiations and don't mind saying no because some of those places aren't letting you out unless you're very forceful!

Thankfully though the Disney program has nothing like that.

Wendy
26-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I couldn't go to one, I would sign up and buy one :D

gwennie81
29-06-2011, 02:00 AM
I think I'm in the market is why I would want to go.
I just need to find out more info.
It's either become a DVC member or get a new car. :shrug1:

Wendy
29-06-2011, 08:06 AM
I think I'm in the market is why I would want to go.
I just need to find out more info.

I know what my choice would be :D :lol: and it wouldn't be the car :lol:

catrancher
29-06-2011, 11:04 AM
It's really not a hard sell. I went years ago when OKW first opened and it was a delightful afternoon. They picked us up, took us over to OKW, did a marvelous movie like presentation (including Tinkerbell), showed us the accomodations, explained the options to us, gave us a little gift and wished us well. No pressure at all.

If you're even asking about it here, your thinking about it enough to go. :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... just wish I could have afforded it back then!)

DisneyFreak
29-06-2011, 01:41 PM

DVC is the better investment. ;)

My Mom has been a member since 1993 and my Sister since 1997. It is amazing how many trips we have all been able to do together and separately. They have used their points at different Disney resorts (other than their home resort which is OKW), for Disney cruises, for a dude ranch in Arizona, for a hotel on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago, etc...etc...etc...

gwennie81
01-07-2011, 03:03 AM
UPDATE:
I did sign up to go to a seminar in a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I think! :yes:

Britchick
01-07-2011, 07:11 AM
It's really not a hard sell. I went years ago when OKW first opened and it was a delightful afternoon. They picked us up, took us over to OKW, did a marvelous movie like presentation (including Tinkerbell), showed us the accomodations, explained the options to us, gave us a little gift and wished us well. No pressure at all.

If you're even asking about it here, your thinking about it enough to go. :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... just wish I could have afforded it back then!)

That was 20 years ago wasn't it? Seem to remember OKW opened in1991

DisneyFreak
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Good memory Brit! December 20, 1991 was the official opening date back when the resort was known as Disney Vacation Club Resort.

catrancher
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Yep. Bout that Brit. It was actually 1993 for that trip. My daughter had gone with me to my high school 25th reunion. The reunion turned out to be such a bust that we popped over to WDW for the remainder of the vacation. Got a really good deal on the Contemporary and as part of the trip, we did the DVC tour.

Tom (:macwave:... older than dirt!)

DisneyFreak
01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
It was actually 1993 for that trip.

That was the year my parents were first pitched for the DVC and they fell in love with the idea. I think they bought later that year. We were there during the last week of June through the first week of July.

catrancher
01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
We were there during the last week of June through the first week of July.

Wow! Small world. We were there just prior to the end of the month. About the 3rd week of June as I recall.

Tom (:macwave:... It's a Small World, After All...)

Shellyamc
01-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I still keep waiting for someone to put an envelope of money in our mail box so we can join the DVC this trip, but we might have to wait until the next time around :sigh:

The more I look into it, the more I love it! I just wish I was more patient :unsure: