PDA

View Full Version : facebook/twitter

robertcraig
26-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Does anyone else use FACEBOOK /TWITTER

Wendy
26-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I have a facebbook account, but I don't use it very much. As for Twitter, that really confuses me :lol: :lol:

I know a lot of people love it and it is a good way of keeping in touch with friends and family you don't see very often :yes:

One other thing I've noticed is that before, people would come to places like here to chat, now they go to facebook.

arkvilla
26-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I have Facebook Robert but don't Twitter

Sandra

robertcraig
26-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I have Facebook Robert but don't Twitter

Sandra
I am at facebook under robert craig

arkvilla
26-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Ok - Robert, I just sent you a FR

Sandra

daveann
26-06-2011, 01:27 PM
i have facebook and twitter but to be honest twitter baffles me i just dont really get it :)
i have a few people off here on my facebook but its mainly family will see if i can find you and say hi :)

ukwdwnut
26-06-2011, 03:41 PM
i have neither, i did have facebook, but it bores the heck out of me :lol:

id rather be here any day of the week :yes: :D

uscwest
26-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Facebook YES, Twitter NO

Dawn
27-06-2011, 07:01 AM
i have facebook and twitter but to be honest twitter baffles me i just dont really get it :)

that's me too

Claire
27-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I have both Facebook and Twitter. In fact it's rare that I don't have both open at the same time. Twitter is good because all the big news stories seem to break on there first.

keith
27-06-2011, 09:52 AM
I have both and like neither :lol:

Twitter is good if you want to see what the famous pretty people are saying :lol: whilst knowing that you'll see major news before anyone else.

Facebook is a nightmare really. Perhaps if it was possible to segment people into different groups.. work/friends/family or something. Even then though it'd be full of invitations to silly games and people tryin' to sound clever ;-) Problem is it's now the one place you can almost guarantee to get in contact with someone.

robertcraig
27-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I have both Facebook and Twitter. In fact it's rare that I don't have both open at the same time. Twitter is good because all the big news stories seem to break on there first.
I gree there is a lot of news items that appear on twitter first.
My twitter name is ROB23AIR

arkvilla
27-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I have both and like neither :lol:

Twitter is good if you want to see what the famous pretty people are saying :lol: whilst knowing that you'll see major news before anyone else.

Facebook is a nightmare really. Perhaps if it was possible to segment people into different groups.. work/friends/family or something. Even then though it'd be full of invitations to silly games and people tryin' to sound clever ;-) Problem is it's now the one place you can almost guarantee to get in contact with someone.

You can set up groups Keith so that might help

I delete every game request and also block the applications so they don't show up on the news feed

Also wehen any of my friends join a new game etc I just hide all by that particular game so I get hardly any of those now

Sandra

catrancher
27-06-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEJoxjSxsxM

I have a Facebook account. My thoughts? See above.

Tom (:macwave:... yes, Betty. You're correct!)

DisneyFreak
27-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes to FB and no to Twitter.

I use FB to keep in contact with friends and family and share news and pictures. I don't play any of the games or any of that fluff stuff. I just block or ignore that.

keith
27-06-2011, 03:59 PM
You can set up groups Keith so that might help

Well you can but I THINK groups are something different? like interest groups but I didnt think there was a way to say "David is a work colleague so only share work related comments with him"

perhaps I need to look harder :)

ukwdwnut
27-06-2011, 06:38 PM

have to agree there tom....that was funny btw :lol:

robertcraig
27-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Very interesting comments and funny

Mari
27-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I have both... and I think Ive gotten very productive in both thanks to my iphone hahahaha

uscwest
28-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Well you can but I THINK groups are something different? like interest groups but I didnt think there was a way to say "David is a work colleague so only share work related comments with him"

perhaps I need to look harder :)Keith, Facebook's control is I think still a work in progress. Yes you can set up groups, but unless the members of those groups specifically prohibit certain feeds they still get everything. This is something I really wish they would fix especially for game players. I play mafia wars. Unfortunately everyone who becomes my friend gets an automatic invite. While I have a group set up for my mafia wars members, I wish there was a way that when I accepted a friendship I could put them in an appropriate group so that they wouldn't get the automatic invite.

Tink
28-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I have both and am more in the Keith camp...

I use facebook essentially to keep in touch with family and friends who are not here, but try to be quite cautious about what I post there, as you never really know who can see what you write. :unsure: I don't end up posting much... just random comments. I don't play any of the games and really dislike the invitations to do so. I end up blocking them. I never really lose sight of the fact that it's a public forum and anything posted there is "out there" for eternity... :shrug:

Twitter? Well, I have it but don't really see its benefit so don't use it.