PDA

View Full Version : Where is there a nice beach ?

mickey10
27-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I was thinking while we're at disney we could go and find a nice beach for a relaxing afternoon

I've looked at a map and now Im not sure, the nearest look like a long way away

any help?

Tink
27-06-2011, 01:16 PM
The closest Atlantic Ocean beach is Cocoa Beach. It's clean, has a decent public area and has a small selection of restaurants. It's a great beach for a picnic (and you can buy what you need for a picnic in the Publix that is "right next to" the beach.

The closest Gulf Coast Beach would probably be Tampa...

I'm an Atlantic Ocean sort of person, so it's the east coast for me all the way. :yes:

DisneyFreak
27-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I've always been more of a Gulf Coast kind of guy. Clearwater Beach is a great area or Sand Key which is just south of Clearwater beach over the bridge. There is also Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island just north of Clearwater.

arkvilla
27-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I also love the Gulf Coast beaches, Siesta Key is gorgeous, so is Fort De Soto,St Pete's, all those are lovely and about an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half drive

Sandra

robertcraig
27-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Gulf coast is the best for me never been to DATONA or COCOA BEACH.Also love ST AUGUSTINE BEACH but that is a bit far from ORLANDO

chief
27-06-2011, 06:05 PM
i'm loving these tips as that is what i would like to do next time. you dont want to travel too far if you are going for just the day, these beaches mentioned are just the right distance if you are staying near disney:thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
27-06-2011, 06:33 PM
ive been to clearwater on the gulf coast, and cocoa beach on the atlantic coast. both were good and both different. the atlantic coast was more choppy so good for body boarding. but i preferred the gulf coast it was just awesome :D