PDA

View Full Version : Good chinese in Orlando?

mickey10
03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Anyone know of any nice Chinese retstaurants or take outs in Orlando? thanx

arkvilla
03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
We have a lovely take away right near the villa at Berry Town Centre - it's called bamboo Wok. Lovely food but order a bit less than you think as the portions are big.

With regards to restaurants, it's not Chinese ( similar though) but Thai Thani is gorgeous. We go to the one at celebration but there's also one near Intl Drive area

I would highly recommend either of them

Sandra

keith
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
We still like the Dragon Court not far from Crossroads

China Jade which so many people seem to like is very cheap but just doesn't do it for us quality of food wise.

I keep wanting to try Ming Court as I've heard good reviews

catrancher
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Good chinese

Isn't that an oxymoron? :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXxrMC5Pv4

Tom (:macwave:... I don't even want to know what's in a Pu Pu Platter!)

keith
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Good chinese

:lol: hehe

Thing is, in the UK we have excellent Chinese food so it's a heck of a shock to the system to eat the Orlando stuff

Wendy
03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Good chinese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXxrMC5Pv4

:lmao: Tom you are brilliant :hug2:

:lol: hehe

Thing is, in the UK we have excellent Chinese food so it's a heck of a shock to the system to eat the Orlando stuff

True, I've never even bothered to try Chinese food in the US, I'm too fussy :lol: Chris used to like something he got from one of the malls, bourbon chicken I think - I didn't like the look of the place, so I went hungry :lol: :lol:

I tend to cook my own rather than use takeaways :yes:

keith
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
True, I've never even bothered to try Chinese food in the US, I'm too fussy :lol: Chris used to like something he got from one of the malls, bourbon chicken I think - I didn't like the look of the place, so I went hungry :lol: :lol:

Ah yes :) here try a bourbon chicken on a cocktail stick.... and thats enough to pull me in too :lol:

Tink
03-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Good Chinese in Orlando? In Florida? In the south? Nope. :D Gotta do San Francisco or Manhattan for that! :D :D :D

arkvilla
04-07-2011, 06:34 AM
If you think getting good Chinese in Florida is hard, you want to try getting a decent Indian - it's impossible

Sandra

Kate
04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
We really enjoyed the china jade one the last few times we've been - however, we usually stuff ourselves something stupid and then dont fancy going there again. We never learn either. :rolleyes:

Tink
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Sandra, there is a little Indian Restaurant in the K-Mart plaza on Turkey Lake Road, just beyond the intersection of Turkey Lake and Sand Lake (Whole Foods will be on your right, go straight across that intersection).

It's owned by Indian folks and heavily attended by same. You may want to try there. It's the most authentic we've had since this wonderful little place in Greenwich Village. :yes:

However, only if you like melt your teeth hot, should you order it "spicy!" :eek: I made that mistake, once. LOL.

I wish I could remember it's proper name. :sorry: We call it the "good little Indian restaurant." :sorry:

But it's not hard to find, simply pull into that plaza and it will be toward the end of one of the "strips" of the strip mall set up. If I manage to remember, I'll look at the correct name the next time we are down that way...

arkvilla
04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks Tink :hug2:

Sandra