PDA

View Full Version : would 166million make you happy?

disneymom
06-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Well the euromillions lottery seems to be up to 166million

What would you do if you won :D

ukwdwnut
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Well the euromillions lottery seems to be up to 166million

What would you do if you won :D

would it make me happy? i'd say it would make me flippin ecstatic :lol:

what would i do with it?

give up work
set my 2 kids up for life
give some to my brother, sister and mainly to my mum
move to a bigger detached house rather that a semi.
have my own villa build to my design in florida
buy an aston martin vanquish drooooooooooooooooooooool!!!! :lol:
have the holiday of a lifetime
donate some money to the royal free hospital who have taken care of me for the last 5yrs :D

Britchick
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Truly happy? I don't think so, I am happy because I have the people I have in my life not the things. I've always said I'd just like enough to pay off the mortgage and a nice holiday a year, if I did win big time I would set up an older persons charity and manage that and help out my nearest and dearest.

Wendy
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
In one way I can't see how having that much money would make me any happier than I am now, I have a small but wonderful family and close friends who mean so much to me. I guess, it would be nice to win because of all the things I could do and the lives I could change.

One of the first things I would do is set up a trust fund for the hospice that looked after my dad, I was so lucky he was able to go there - (our local NHS is absolute rubbish and I can't even bear to imagine how he would have been treated) It survives on donations and fund raising only so it would be a huge help for them, all I'd ask is that there could be a ward named after my dad. Other than that, I would make sure that my family and close friends, were looked after :yes:

I guess helping other people is what makes me happy now, so being able to change their lives would be wonderful.

Dawn
06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd buy Greece.

Kate
06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
im already happy, but it would certainly change alot of things for me so maybe id be happier!

Britchick
06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd buy Greece.

You'd still have 165 million left!

Shellyamc
06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Happy..no. Comfortable..yes!

I would make sure my family and friends were taken care of, make sure my kids were set up for collage and beyond, I would build the log home that Dh and I have always dreamed of, and have fun! Other than that I would give a huge amount of it away without anyone knowing where it came from. That would be fun. :yes:

uscwest
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Money can't buy happiness is the old adage.

However, it certainly would make life a lot easier not having to worry about the government shutting down, or if I can afford a vacation, etc. It would also help to set up trust funds for all of the grandchildren, as well as a healthy donation to the Universities I attended and to Children's Hospital.

Do you get it all, all at once, or does it get spread out over multiple years? And do you pay taxes on it?

Johnie
06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
And what is happiness??

The money would make my life a lot easier and less stressful. I'd pay off my student loans, my house and all other bills and take care of my family. Then I'd probably only work part time so I can have health insurance and travel way more :yes:

Oh and if you didn't talk to me before I became rich, don't talk to me after!

Claire
06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure about happy but I think it would make me hysterical for the first few days!

DisneyFreak
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
First....how much is this in $$$? :unsure:

Second.....I am already happy! This would make me happier and make things easier obviously. We would pay off debt (mortgage/car), help the family, donate to charity, take trips, etc.

ukwdwnut
06-07-2011, 08:35 PM
First....how much is this in $$$? :unsure:

DF its 265,542,891.94

DisneyFreak
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
DF its 265,542,891.94

Nice! We could help soooo many people!! :yes:

daveann
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
in my previous marraige we didnt have to think about money we were decently off i could buy what ever i wanted but happy nope no way money cannot buy happiness it can make life easier but happy no way.
have no money and fantastic friends and family and love wins always.
i can honestly say i woudnt want it :) thats just my opinion :)

MystikPiglit
07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
would it make me happy? i'd say it would make me flippin ecstatic :lol:

Yep, that sums it up nicely for me. :yes:

Amongst many other things, I wouldn't have to be constantly worried about my health as I'd be able to afford top-class care.

mumof2
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd make my family millionaires, donate to the charities I support, hold a massive party for Aunties, Uncles, Cousins on a private island somewhere hot and cover everyone's expenses, buy a new home and a holiday home, give some to my very best friends.

It wouldn't necessarily make me happy, and I couldn't turn back time and change the things I dearly love to be able to, but I'd be able to make my family's lives more comfortable.

In fact I'm going to go and check out private islands now.....just in case! :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Yep, that sums it up nicely for me. :yes:

Amongst many other things, I wouldn't have to be constantly worried about my health as I'd be able to afford top-class care.

it does doesnt it MP. i can only work PT, so dont bring a great deal in, we have to scrimp and scrape for everything we want. so yes it would make me deleriously happy, i could do, buy & go wherever i wanted and never worry about the pennies again.

i already receive top class healthcare from the NHS at the royal free and for that im so grateful. i could be dead now if it wasnt for them and the drug companies :(

Kate
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd make my family millionaires, donate to the charities I support, hold a massive party for Aunties, Uncles, Cousins on a private island somewhere hot and cover everyone's expenses, buy a new home and a holiday home, give some to my very best friends.

It wouldn't necessarily make me happy, and I couldn't turn back time and change the things I dearly love to be able to, but I'd be able to make my family's lives more comfortable.

:yeahthat: couldnt have put it better myself!

MystikPiglit
08-07-2011, 01:23 PM
i already receive top class healthcare from the NHS at the royal free

I'm glad that you have found a great hospital. :hug2:

ukwdwnut
08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm glad that you have found a great hospital. :hug2:

they are absolutely brilliant MP they call me every 2 weeks without fail to see how i am. i couldnt wish for better care even if i went private i dont think :D

Wendy
09-07-2011, 09:13 PM
they are absolutely brilliant MP they call me every 2 weeks without fail to see how i am. i couldnt wish for better care even if i went private i dont think :D

You are very lucky Mick :hug2: The only way we seem to get good care down here is to pay for it :( :sigh: so a lot of the time "its put up, get on with it and shut up" :sigh: :shrug: If it wasn't for the fact that Chris asked for a second opinion and said we'd pay for it, I would be blind now :( Then there was the way they treated my dad and his cancer, he was told there were a number of options if he was paying privately, when he said he couldn't afford to pay, the consultant said that only left 2 choices, chemo or radiotherapy :nono:

MystikPiglit
13-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Wow, that's amazing. I'll come and stay next time I need hospital care. :wink:

The only way we seem to get good care down here is to pay for it :( so a lot of the time "its put up, get on with it and shut up" :sigh:

Same here..... :sigh: