PDA

View Full Version : How did that happen? It's Friday again!

Tink
08-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Seriously, where do the days go. On one hand the hours seem to drag by, but then it's two weeks gone before you realize it. :sigh:

Hoping everyone is having a great Friday and heading into a nice weekend. I've finally managed to book a hair appointment. I'm at least six weeks overdue for a haircut. You can only imagine how attractive my hair is by now. (No, really you can't)!

Sure wishing I could get some decent sleep. :shrug: Any tips (that don't involve medication)?

Today is supposed to be the final shuttle launch. :( Not sure if it will happen though. Weather was terrible yesterday (heavy continuous downpour on the coast) but maybe there will be a break in it today just long enough to get her up.

Sad to see the whole shuttle program ending. Although there were two tragic shuttle flights, the program as a whole was not only good for NASA but good for the country, and global space exploration.

So many people are now going to lose their jobs. July 22 will be one of the biggest lay off days to date. :( It will be hard for many of them to find new work, as they are very specialized in what they do. Some will relocate to other areas of the country where their skills can be employed. Others will simply ... well, simply do what?

Hoping to work a massage into my weekend. An hour's worth of relaxation can't hurt, eh?

ukwdwnut
08-07-2011, 08:22 AM
well i hope the days dont fly by tink as im on holiday until sept 7th i think, and want it to drag as slow as possible :)

i hear on the news that obama has said the space program is only on hold until the country is back on its feet, not totally cancelled so hopefully we can see the two new proposed rockets get the goahead and get build in the not too distant future. then as a race we get to go back to the moon, and maybe mars, how exciting that will be for the human race :) i cant wait :D

MystikPiglit
08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
It's a week past the date that our solicitor told us we'd be exchanging on the house, but we're still waiting....... :hopmad: Not been a good week... :sad:

Dawn
08-07-2011, 02:32 PM
This week has been pretty routine. Been shouted at snarled at, generally abused by random children. Oh and a 5 year old kicked me.

All in a day's work.:thumbsup:

Adrian is taking his sister to see Take That tomorrow so it's a weekend of quality Mummy and Steven time. :D

mumof2
08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
For whatever reason it seems to have been a long week for me, no idea why. I hope to have a lie in tomorrow....we'll see!

On Sunday I am doing Race for Life (http://www.raceforlife.org/choose-your-event/worthing.aspx?rid=497) for the first time with 9 other girlies, walking I should think rather than running!

Other than that, nothing planned.

Tink I hope you manage to fit in a massage :hug2:

Britchick
08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I've had a good week, Take that was amazing on Tuesday, quietish weekend, going to a 40th birthday party tomorrow night, someone I haven't seen for 22 years.....yikes! And it's 6 weeks to my holiday ......I'm going to explode soon!

Tink....what about reflexology or getting your masseuse to use some relaxing essential oils?

DisneyFreak
08-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I love these short work weeks!

Tink, try eating about 1-2 ounces of almonds before bed. They contain magnesium which promotes both sleep and muscle relaxation. Not to mention they are healthy for you and stabilize your blood sugar during sleep. All this also helps switch your body from your alert adrenaline cycle to your rest-and-digest cycle.

Magnesium is the key so you could also try a banana.

arkvilla
08-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I love these short work weeks!

Tink, try eating about 1-2 ounces of almonds before bed. They contain magnesium which promotes both sleep and muscle relaxation. Not to mention they are healthy for you and stabilize your blood sugar during sleep. All this also helps switch your body from your alert adrenaline cycle to your rest-and-digest cycle.

Magnesium is the key so you could also try a banana.

This is very interesting as both Jai and I are terrible sleepers - I would love to be able to fall asleep nicely and stay asleep for a few hours.

Week has been normal, started new hopurs at work so instead of doing 12.5 I am now doing 20 and I am easing myself into becoming involved in running our Pre school so it's interesting tomes for me.

This weekend we have Jai's niece's engagement ( I'm not wearing a sari for this one but have bought a nice dress) will try to put some pictures on here (or maybe Facebook)

Tink, I hope you get some sleep and that your haircut is stylish and lovely looking.

I'd love a massage but will wait until I get to Fl as Jai usually treats me to a spa day when we're there :thumbsup:

Have a good one everyone

Sandra

DisneyFreak
08-07-2011, 06:51 PM
This is very interesting as both Jai and I are terrible sleepers - I would love to be able to fall asleep nicely and stay asleep for a few hours.

Sandra, a couple of other things I do is make sure I don't eat a meal after 8pm (go to bed between 10-11) and the only liquid I drink after 8pm is water. I then usually have a few almonds about 30-60 minutes before I go to sleep.

Give it a try. Remember it's all about getting your body into habits so it may not work the first few nights. Once you get into the routine it hopefully will help.

Tinkfan
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
:hug2:hugs to all of us terrible sleepers. I will give the almonds a try! Tink have you tried Sleepy Time Extra? The tea tastes good and does relax you a little, try that with a handful of almonds! I love getting my hair done, I find that relaxing especially if they use Lavender mint TeaTree shampoo.:tongue:

Tink
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you for the great sleep promoting suggestions! I'm going to try them. Brit, I'll ask the massage person about the oils... my leg hurts so I'll be asking her to focus on those muscles, too.

I did manage (just) to get my hair cut. There was a bus that turned over on I4 so traffic was seriously backed up. Delayed me again (after having already been delayed coming out of Daytona Beach by a very nasty looking accident). I was ten minutes late, but the hairdresser was very sweet about it.

I'd forgotten that we are booked to go to SSR today to participate in a Member Services event. Not too terribly sure what it's all about, but thought it was something interesting to do. Will ask my sister to see if she'd like to go to.

Weather was terrible yesterday, but the shuttle did go up as you know. I missed it. :( :( :( I was caught in a meeting and couldn't get out.

One of my residents (who worked for years on NASA...) told me that it's not the last shuttle! He was very insistent about it, implying that he had insider info. :D :D I do understand our President though. We have to get this old world back on track before we can continue with the wonderful aspects of living, eh? :sigh: