PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh! It's a Heelan COO!!!!

Tink
03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Would you ever believe it? :9:

There in my very own mailbox! A yellow packet with a lumpy bump innit!!

Inside is the weest, sweetest Heelan COO you EVER saw!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

It's the cutest! It has a little red ribbon loop, so I'm going to put in on the Christmas tree when the time comes!! In the meantime, it's holding court in the living room. :yes:

You are the best Miss MP! :hug1: :9:

piglet
03-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Am I translating correctly in thinking this is a highland cow in English? or am I totally off the rails?:lol:

Tink
03-08-2008, 10:26 AM
You got it in one!!! I'd expect that from you dear Piglet! :yes: Have you ever seen a real one? I'm sure you have. MystikPiglit sent me a photo of one once, and I love it! So now I have one of m'own! :D :D

piglet
03-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, when we drive into Inverness for our shopping there's a farm that seems to breed them and they are absolutely gorgeous, but I wouldn't mess with them. Last year on the west coast in a little village, they roam free and a tourist saw a baby and for some stupid reason thought he would go and stroke it. Mum was watching and didn't take kindly to someone going up to her baby and gored the man who unfortunately died. Now, although I feel sorry for his family, what on earth possessed someone to think they are pets. Get real, they're wild animals and treat them with respect

Tink
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Good heavens! I have to say, I'd not have thought the mother would react so strongly either. :( We're used to lumbering, quiet cows here. Well, dairy cows mind. I'd not go into a pasture where there were beef cows or bulls about.

Then again, the dairy cows here don't have horns. Going into a pasture with an animal that has horns really is inviting trouble. :(

They are beauties though. :yes:

MystikPiglit
03-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Yikes, piglet, that's a sad story.Have to say that although I love to lok at them I wouldn't go near one.

I'm sure Hamish is perfectly harmless. :D

Johnie
03-08-2008, 02:24 PM
This thread needs pictures......

MystikPiglit
03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
How about this:

(A real one, not the one Tink has.. :lol: )

Johnie
03-08-2008, 02:33 PM
awww how cute is that? Thanks for the picture :hug2:

karrie
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Piglet, where abouts are you from??im guessing from your comments about Ness that its not to far from me...

Ursula
03-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Yum.... fires up the barbie....... (look I've been on liquids for weeks now.... gimme a break!)

Tink
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
HELLY!!! :eek: You'd never!!!

I'm with you though, hon. Liquids get old really quick, don't they? :sigh;

I hope you are feeling some better though? I'm surprised it's taking this long for you to heal. Clearly, I didn't have a good grasp of all you had to endure. :sorry:

Now be nice to my Heelan Coo! :o

Beccaberry
04-08-2008, 12:02 AM
OOOOH!! A pressie!!! How exciting!!!

Tink
04-08-2008, 12:37 AM
:yes: :9:

piglet
04-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Piglet, where abouts are you from??im guessing from your comments about Ness that its not to far from me...
Not sure where you are but I'm in Elgin and Inverness is about the best place to get some decent shopping and it's a bit closer than Aberdeen. I was talking about Plockton where the highland cattle roam around. Not sure if they tried to fence them in after that episode though why the cattle should suffer because of someone acting out of turn I don't know