PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for another exchange/

Dawn
14-07-2011, 07:07 AM
About time we had another exchange don't you think?

something with a summery theme maybe?

Shellyamc
14-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I was cleaning my magnets the other day and was thinking how it had been a long time since we did an exchange :yes:

Summer..hmmm..

funky beach towels
fun sunglasses
Summer hats :unsure:

Johnie
14-07-2011, 08:08 PM
:tongue: I was thinking about an exchange the other day! Great minds :yes:

Do we want to keep the items light due to postage??

chief
14-07-2011, 08:17 PM
whats this then???:unsure:

Tink
17-07-2011, 10:16 AM
An exchange is a group event. An item or a category of items is chisen. Then, whomever wishes to do so joins in. Each participant agrees to send the exchange item to the person s/he has been assigned through random selection.

We've done them for Christmas ornaments, for example. You would be given a name then select an ornament and mail it to that person.

Kate
17-07-2011, 11:25 AM
What has been exchanged in the past?

uscwest
17-07-2011, 11:28 AM
We've been involved in exchanges for re-usable grocery bags, calendars, Christmas ornaments, t-shirts, chocolates (and other candies) that I can remember.

Kate
17-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Oooh bags, i love bags! Wish i'd seen that one when you last did it!

arkvilla
17-07-2011, 02:43 PM
How about scarves (they will be quite light to post)

I think lots of people wear them nowadays and you can get light weight silky ones or warmer wool ones ?

Just an idea :-)

Sandra

uscwest
18-07-2011, 01:21 AM
How about scarves (they will be quite light to post)

I think lots of people wear them nowadays and you can get light weight silky ones or warmer wool ones ?

Just an idea :-)

Sandra Umm, don't think most men wear them Sandra and there are a few of us involved in the exchange.

Claire
18-07-2011, 08:17 AM
The summer theme sounds good. How much to send an umbrella?

arkvilla
18-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Umm, don't think most men wear them Sandra and there are a few of us involved in the exchange.

I thought them suitable for both, Jai and our boys often wear scarves in the winter but maybe they are in a minority:unsure:

Back to the drawing board

Sandra

Johnie
18-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought them suitable for both, Jai and our boys often wear scarves in the winter but maybe they are in a minority:unsure:

Back to the drawing board

Sandra

That could be a good idea for a winter exchange. I thought you had meant the light scraves that people are wearing for accents.

Johnie
18-07-2011, 08:50 PM
The summer theme sounds good. How much to send an umbrella?

If you get one of those umbrellas that close up really small, probably not too much to mail.

Johnie
18-07-2011, 09:00 PM
We could do a Christmas in July exchange. It could be one item or a couple of small things. Ideas: a book, cd, jewelry, pins, stationary, etc. You could also list things you collect. We could set a dollar/pound limit.

We could list a few things we'd like to get and the other person could send it to us wrapped up for Christmas.

Tink
19-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Given the international flavor of our site, it would be nice for an exchange to support that context, and not be something that we could get on our own anywhere. :)

I actually liked the idea of scarves as they are light, they take many forms and if we go with the international context many, many people (men and women alike) wear scarves for decoration, warmth, and to show support of favorite teams, ect.

Tea towels come to mind as well. Not that we need to have an exchange of those again, but they are light and lend themselves to depicting the area from which they are sent.

Having an exchange of something we can buy ourselves in a local shop rather defeats the international context in which we exist, no? :unsure:

My thoughts, anyway. :shrug:

Kate
19-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I like the tea towel one - but if that was done recently i dont suppose people would want to do it again so quickly

foreverducky
19-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't even know what a tea towel is. :embarassed2:

I love getting local items. Whatever that might be....

Kate
19-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't even know what a tea towel is. :embarassed2:

Maybe you need to be sent one then! :wink:
You probably use a different name for it, its something used for drying dishes, plates etc

foreverducky
19-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Maybe you need to be sent one then! :wink:
You probably use a different name for it, its something used for drying dishes, plates etc

Ah-ha, yes, I have those. I just call them kitchen/dish towels. :D

Claire
19-07-2011, 07:03 PM
If you get one of those umbrellas that close up really small, probably not too much to mail.

Thanks Johnie. It was more a joke really about the amount of rain we get in the summer hence the bit about it being summer themed.

MirandaWrights
20-07-2011, 12:08 AM
well this sounds awesome though i just joined and haven't been in a WDS exchange.

I could suggest since i am new here and know all about it Disney Pins.

or buttons,Stickers,Pictures,Pens,Post Cards,Patches,Key chains.
all would be easy on shipping and fun things people often collect.

Shellyamc
20-07-2011, 06:44 AM
I was just going to say keychains :yes: Cheap, easy to mail, and you could pretty much go in any direction with them. Disney ones, silly ones, where you live ones..anything! :thumbsup:

uscwest
20-07-2011, 11:22 AM
When I was living in Germany I used to buy these beautiful linen calendars each year as Christmas gifts. When the calendar year was up they made great tea towels. I haven't seen too many picturesque tea towels in our stores here.