PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy space centre without shuttle?

Tom Morrow
14-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Now the shuttle has gone, is it still worth visiting the kennedy space centre do you think? What's there to do :/

MystikPiglit
14-07-2011, 01:20 PM
It's a fascinating place, even without the shuttle, especially if you haven't been before.
Have a look here:

http://wdisneysecrets.com/index.php/kennedy-space-center.html

robertcraig
14-07-2011, 01:25 PM
IT is definately worth a visit

DisneyFreak
14-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Haven't been there since 1979 so I missed the whole shuttle thing entirely. :thumbsdown:

Slowhand
14-07-2011, 03:17 PM
We went to KSC a couple of weeks ago, mainly to say "Goodbye" to the shuttle Atlantis as it was due to take its final mission a couple of days after we returned home.
It has been a while since I was last there when at the time I did a day doing the Astronaut Training Experience which is highly recommended.
Even though the shuttle programme is now almost over, there are loads of things there which will occupy you for a full day.
Take the bus for a narrated guided tour of the complex, followed by some amazing films in the Imax Theatre.
During the bus tour, you make a stop at the Apollo Complex where you can take lunch alongside a Saturn V rocket from the Apollo mission days.
At the main centre itself there is a shuttle simulator which is much more realistic than Mission Space at Epcot, not to mention the "Rocket Garden" and other attractions and shops.
A visit to KSC is highly recommended if you have a day to spare. :thumbsup: