PDA

View Full Version : VA carry on

Isafari
18-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Do you think DH will be able to carry his netbook with him on top of his cabin baggage allowance?
I know I can take a handbag.

Wendy
18-07-2011, 07:06 PM
You could try but I don't think they will :( :sorry: especially if you get a jobsworth.

Virgin says this about handbags

A handbag, pocketbook or purse i.e. which is appropriate to normal travelling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which could otherwise be regarded as baggage.

Chris has a rucksack and he can get his laptop and camera gear in there without too much problem. The tripod goes in the case with our normal stuff.

Isafari
18-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I agree. Just wanted to double check for DH.
His camera/lense and netbook are over the weight limit so he has to either leave one at home or risk hold luggage for his camera. :unsure:

keith
18-07-2011, 08:01 PM
His camera/lense and netbook are over the weight limit so he has to either leave one at home or risk hold luggage for his camera. :unsure:

yeah it's a hard call these days :( we've had times when they've not weighed the carry on, more recently though they've weighed them all the time. Then we get the ARGH youre over but ok, this once go on... and we've also had TOTAL jobsworth.

I'm in exactly the same position as your DH, my laptop+camera+lens come very close to the whole weight allowance and anything else takes it over. So it's very difficult these days

Wendy
18-07-2011, 08:04 PM

I know it's a pain :sigh: Chris won't put his camera or any of his lenses in the hold luggage.

How heavy is your bag, could you possibly carry a lens for him :unsure: I wonder if he would get away with a man bag :unsure: and if it would take just his camera, it's a risk though in case they say no :sigh:

Slowhand
19-07-2011, 02:45 PM
could you possibly carry a lens for him :unsure: I wonder if he would get away with a man bag :unsure: and if it would take just his camera, it's a risk though in case they say no :sigh:

....or you could fly UC without a problem. :lol: