PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, my legs hurt!

mumof2
22-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Having completed the 5k Race for Life Sally and I thought we'd keep it up. She walked it a few days ago and managed it in 46 minutes...crazy huh?

We both did it tonight, my legs and butt are really sore now! I almost stopped a few times but she made me keep going, it seemed so much more difficult than on the R4L day.

Anyway, we did it in 52 mins and 43 secs, my time on the actual day was 57 minutes so I'm happy with that but oh boy, it was so tough tonight!

Britchick
22-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Keep going girl! You can do it! Soon be doing it in 30 mins :hug2: you have got proper footwear haven't you? :unsure:

Lisa1976
22-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Well done you!

I've got my Race For Life on Sunday, couldn't get anyone to do it with me though but am still looking forward to it. The atmosphere is always great :)

ukwdwnut
22-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Having completed the 5k Race for Life Sally and I thought we'd keep it up. She walked it a few days ago and managed it in 46 minutes...crazy huh?

We both did it tonight, my legs and butt are really sore now! I almost stopped a few times but she made me keep going, it seemed so much more difficult than on the R4L day.

Anyway, we did it in 52 mins and 43 secs, my time on the actual day was 57 minutes so I'm happy with that but oh boy, it was so tough tonight!

well done you. lauren did hers the other week, and shes doing a half marathon for the charity that helps peeps with my condition, in sept, so we are going up to londont to cheer her on :D

ukwdwnut
22-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Well done you!

I've got my Race For Life on Sunday, couldn't get anyone to do it with me though but am still looking forward to it. The atmosphere is always great :)

good luck lisa :D

Tink
23-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow! I think that is a great time Mairead. :yes: I'm sure it would take me way longer than that!

Good luck Lisa!!!

Tinkfan
23-07-2011, 02:42 AM
:hug2: Good for you Mairead, it's always harder the next time or two!! That's what I would tell my Cross Country team anyway!!!:yes: Thats a good starting time, if you do it at least twice a week your time will really improve. Good going!!!

mumof2
23-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone! Good luck with yours Lisa :hug2:

I do indeed have proper footwear, they're designed for walking and I used to use them when I walked every day a few years back. I know I can do it 'cos I did then, it's just that it's been quite a while since...! :unsure:

Wendy
23-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Well done :hug2: so you're getting quicker, so next year you will whizz round :D

Good luck Lisa :)

chief
23-07-2011, 07:41 PM
:hug2::jawdrop:wow well done you

Kate
24-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Well done Mairead! Wow, Sally mustve power walked around it to do it in 46minutes - thats quite a time for a walker!
You dont have the flow of the others to keep you going now which probably makes it harder, plus looking over your should to see how many are behind you cus you really dont want to be last! Or was that just me?! :unsure:
Are you hoping to jog it next year?

Good luck for your race Lisa - and well done for going it alone aswell, im sure you will get chatting to someone on your way around!

mumof2
24-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Aww thank you, haven't managed to find the time this weekend so hopefully we'll go out tomorrow.

The girls I was walking with on the day kept overtaking, we had to plan each manoeuvre as there were so many people...that was quite funny!

How did you get on today Lisa? :hug2:

Lisa1976
25-07-2011, 12:34 PM
How did you get on today Lisa? :hug2:

Yeah really well, I did the best time ever since i've been taking part, 55 minutes, very pleased with myself :)

mumof2
25-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah really well, I did the best time ever since i've been taking part, 55 minutes, very pleased with myself :)

That's fantastic! Well done you xx :yes:

Kate
25-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Well done Lisa!