PDA

View Full Version : Holiday friends

robertcraig
23-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Have you ever kept in contact with people you have met on holiday

Dawn
23-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Not personally but my brother and his wife were on their honeymoon and they met another couple who were on their honeymoon and have kept in touch - about 17 years now and now they are looking for ways not to keep in touch because they are not the nicest people. :unsure:

ukwdwnut
23-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes I have. We met a family in St Ives, Cornwall in 1995. We went back there for the next 4 yes, then went to dawlish in Devon. Then in 2000 we all decided to go to wdw for the first time for all of us. They've stayed at our house a few times, flew down for denise's surprise 50th and we went to Scotland last aug for a week at theirs and had a great time

catrancher
23-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh... I suppose there might be some I've kept in touch with. :wink:

Tom (:macwave:... wonder who?)

Slowhand
23-07-2011, 03:47 PM
We have certainly kept in touch with two families who we met on DCL cruises.
One of them [in case you hadn`t guessed! :lol:] was catrancher and his DW with whom we have done two cruises.
The other family is based in LA and we have now done 3 cruises with them. They have also stayed at our house here in the UK and are now planning to visit us again in August. :banana:
We have booked a joint cruise with our friends for next year too.

uscwest
23-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Yep we certainly have and we have met lots of folks from here that we stay in contact with.

Britchick
23-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I've not really met people on holiday, I guess if you're on a cruise it's a little different as you see the same person more than once!

Tink
24-07-2011, 02:15 PM
I consider the members here as "keeping in touch" with people I've "met." Each member here is part of my life, and I treasure the contact I share with them through this website.

I find myself thinking of any number of members on my commutes to work. "I wonder what _______ would think of this? Or Would say about this?" Those sorts of thoughts.

I feel that I have a base of friendships here that enriches my life and that I would not have without this site, and respectively Disney.

So, although that's not quite what you meant, it is a version of the theme, eh?

I have "old friends" here and make new friends as new members join. :yes:

That I've not "met" in person, does not mean that I don't treasure the interaction just as much as if I had. :yes:

robertcraig
24-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I agree with TINK I feel I have many friends on secrets even though I have not met them:yes:

Britchick
24-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Well said Tink :hug2: I have met some of my bestest friends on Disney forums

Johnie
24-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Well said Tink :hug2: I have met some of my bestest friends on Disney forums

Me too